• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Bandai Games Announces Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn for America

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
The fact remains, though. Sony of America has intentionally and repeatedly refused to release retail copies of games that are in Japanese, yet have no dubs. Ken's Rage 2 and Warriors Orochi 3 got disc releases in North America on the 360 and on both the 360 and ps3 in Europe, yet Sony declined to give them disc releases in NA.

A bit off-topic but it should also be noted that with Ken's Rage 2, the Wii U version didn't get a retail release here either which was even more strange because Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper did get a retail release as one of the console's launch titles.

On-Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle is getting a retail release here (though in limited quantities) available only at Amazon & Club Namco and judging by this, it didn't get dubbed either so there's another exception.
rustypwns

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Who gives a shit if its digital or not, why not give us gundam vs... the game that's actually good.

Who even plays dynasty warriors anymore? The ps2 era is long gone
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad their making it available. Not so keen on the name. I guess there out of idea and they don't think people will reconcile the older franchise names with new one. *shrugs* Hopefully, i can hook a external harddrive and deposit it there.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad their making it available. Not so keen on the name. I guess there out of idea and they don't think people will reconcile the older franchise names with new one. *shrugs* Hopefully, i can hook a external harddrive and deposit it there.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
How is this Sony's BS? They aren't the one's putting out the game?

Sony of America won't put games without dubs on disc, unless it's Yakuza. For instance, Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 got released on a ps3 disc in Europe, but since there's no dub, they're digital only in the US. Additionally, if games without a dub are released on both ps3 AND 360, the 360 version will get a disc release, while the ps3 version won't.

BS alert.

Vic Ireland has already gotten an Okay from Sony for Class of Heroes 2G on the ps3, it not only has no dub, but won't have any voice acting at all. So don't put this on Sony.

Also what is the deal, first it was Bandai/Namco two separate companies, then the joined and became Bandai Namco games, and now they are back to Bandai? One Piece Dawn on the DS just has Bandai, Xillia has just Namco, but Ni No Kuni and Abyss have bandai Namco.

First off, a game not having any voice acting isn't the same as it having all of its voices in Japanese. I almost can't believe you'd even use that argument. Secondly, since you don't believe me: http://www.destructoid.com/warriors-orochi-3-coming-to-psn-due-to-japanese-voiceover-221924.phtml

That link is from two years ago. Company policies do change.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
ladyhaman wrote:
Who gives a shit if its digital or not, why not give us gundam vs... the game that's actually good.

Apparently a lot of people if it basically has several spin off series including the mains series. Gundam, Ochi, One Piece, Fist, Samurai and then Dynasty. Clearly people buy them and seem to think they are good.

Kind of a dumb question honestly.

As for the retail talk. Looking at Europe I'm not sure works. They still release most PC games at retail there. Here a lot of it is digital. Digital releases are a bit more viable in America. Plus it's cheaper for the publisher. I mean if Yakuza was able to be released without a dub to retail, I'm sure Koei could do something. Maybe it costs more I don't know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
kirac91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Disc or No disc i'm still gonna buy it hell didn't stop me from Pirate warriors 1 and 2 or Hatsune miku project diva f
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
ladyhaman wrote:

Dynasty Warriors 8 was fantastic. The Heifei hypothetical level raised the bar for insane kickass fighting.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
OMFG digital only??!! F**k them!! omg why would they do that....they could have easily released limited physical copies just like for jojo....idiots...

Well I guess I'm off to import the Japanese version now just so I could have a physical copy...
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
My PS3 is the 500 GB one and it's a day-one purchase for me~

YEEEEEEEEEEES~!

Hopefully they are prompted in the near-future to give us even a digital/import version of Full Boost - I'd love to have a copy one way or the other.
Alpha_087

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote
Sounds like absolutely terrible news.

I grew up on the older Gundam games with Battle Assault on PS1, Journey to Jaburo, EFSF vs Zeon and Zeonic Front on PS2. Sunk so many hours into most of those games, and loved every minute of each.

Later down the line when I learned that they had finally released a new Gundam game in NA for one of the former next-gen consoles (xbox 360), I went out and got myself Dynasty Warriors: Gundam... Or should I say Dynasty Warriors with Gundam skins on the characters. It was potentially the worst experience I've ever had with anything in the Gundam franchise.

I really hate how there are so many Gundam games that were actually enjoyable, and actually showed some regard for canon that were released in the East, such as Battle Operation and MSGO, yet all we get over here is... Dynasty Warriors. Guess I'll go back to Titanfall and MechWarrior Online... *sigh*
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2