• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Ghost_Wheel wrote:

That said, the visual style is interesting, the jokes are sometimes funny, and 26 episodes is probably too long for what it is, especially if we're going to continue to move at this slow pace. Once a week goggles mean I'll probably keep watching it, but the choice between the submissive girl and the submissive girl who's acting like she isn't one isn't really the greatest in female leads.

How did you find out it is going to be 26 eps? MAL still has episodes under unknown. There is going to spoiler[be more girls].
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
Ghost_Wheel wrote:
I mean the fake relationship is holding off the gang war, which I think is a ridiculous enough conceit anyway that I'm taking the Yakuza behavior with a grain of salt.

are you kidding me? you complain about this kind of stuffs. Do you know what kind of anime is this?
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:00 am Reply with quote
Seto no Hanayome deals with the yakuza humour in a much more effective way... it's actually very funny, as opposed to Nisekoi, which didn't make me laugh. The girls in SnH were a lot more interesting too. Granted, it had the additonal magic angle, but I maintain that it's a good example of this sort of show done right.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

spoiler[Swimsuit] episode already huh? Well, the girls looked great but Raku sure wasn't have a great time when spoiler[he got caught or rather being misunderstood for that key. The episode felt pretty typical for me. RIP CPR/Kiss.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Ruri is the best.

School swimsuits FTW. The SHAFTing was quite supreme in showing them off.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
ep.5

spoiler[raku still wonder give say to onodera give notice her & ruri talking mention key & 10yrs in the past yet another ruri plans have raku help onodera to swim also drag in chitoge yet shu channel his ISSEI's side til ruri give him foot underwater burial face.

so give swim time bit hmm give raku & chitoge usual he said vs she said yet raku go check onodera's key give til yikes got beaten & tied plus scary ruri face due key being girl's swim locker area give onodera defend raku let it slide for once.

next day swim time give onodera use a board to swim yet ruri being hmm on raku & chitoge which during that chitoge leg cramps got drown yet rescue not breath give shu said do the cpr yet raku in panic but going yet chitoge is ok cue attack mode.

ruri & onodera still talking on 10yrs ago & key give ruri bit let it go but onodera still have feel on it & oh again shu doing ISSEI's side with raku cue both them got blasted to pool by chitoge.

(double extra blah junior high days of chocolate give chitoge make her some mob members got bit force to taste due to claude, raku got chocolate from yakuza, & onodera had her chocolate eaten by ruri plus chitoge had listen to raku singing). ]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote
Nice eppie. The spoiler[key mix-up] cracked me up. However, I am left wondering exactly how much longer they can string this premise along without introducing some other element. I'm a fan of the show but even I'm getting a little restless.

The Valentine's Day gags at the end were cute and very well-timed considering the real thing is so close at hand.
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote
It was kinda awesome how they spent the time drawing two different types of school swimsuits in such loving detail.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Ruri is the best.

I ship Ruri and Shuu. :'D Nobody needs to ask why, right?

Quote:
School swimsuits FTW

........I just don't get the whole school swimsuit fetish. I personally think they're the ugliest things. Ugly design and ugly color. lol
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
........I just don't get the whole school swimsuit fetish. I personally think they're the ugliest things. Ugly design and ugly color. lol

Well, it's kinda one of those "it turns me on, I can't really explain it" things, but I shall try my best.

Exposure is nice, but it's common wisdom that what you can't see can be just as enticing as what you can. School swimsuits, and one pieces in general, are made to cover a lot, yet because they're form fitting they actually don't hide much. Seeing nothing and everything at the same time is quite the striking paradox.

The colour is very important, as the darker shade of blue highlights what flesh is exposed (white school swimsuits can GTFO). The shoulder/collarbone area in particular stand out, which is extremely relevent to my interests. Peeling it down by the straps (as Kosaki shows us) is super hot if you ask me.

This clip is relevant in some way, I'm sure Laughing
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Quote:
School swimsuits FTW

I know! I will take a great 2 piece any day over these school swimsuits.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6

Damn I was hoping new girl would make her appearance this episode spoiler[but she only appeared after the ED.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
What are you talking about? That was clearly spoiler[a boy.]

Ruri continues to be the best.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
What are you talking about? That was clearly spoiler[a boy.]

Ruri continues to be the best.

Hehe :p

Anyways, looking forward to next episode. That near confession in the latest episode was priceless. Shaft executed right imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Hm, looking back at the manga, it's gonna be quite some time before Marika shows up, won't it? I wouldn't mind if the adaptation was unfaithful in that regard...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 24