• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Super Sonico Blu-ray & Figure Bundle Sells Out in Hours

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
so, how much is that in numbers ?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Like, how many sold is "sold out"? We have no idea.

Also thats an ugly freaking figma. Jesus. A figma of her in her normal clothes would be great, but that monstrosity? Blech.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
wow. that's impressive
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Well I pretty much understood why it was sold out in hours after seeing those pictures
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
And people wondered why they were making a Sonico anime
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Are these Sonico figmas cast-off-able?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

There are quite a few cast off sonico figumas, however I recommend using google image search for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
configspace wrote:

There are quite a few cast off sonico figumas, however I recommend using google image search for that.
There are quite a few cast off Figures of Sonico. This is the first Figma of her. If you want any details try here: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/193194 . But I don't think she is cast off, being a Figma.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
configspace wrote:

There are quite a few cast off Figures of Sonico. This is the first Figma of her. If you want any details try here: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/193194 . But I don't think she is cast off, being a Figma.

I always get these two confused for some reason =/ but yeah being her first figma I don't see it being cast off either
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
That is a boring figma. It looks like it could be made from the spare parts of other figmas.

Also, not her first figma. There's also this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alexander55

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode of her anime and well, its meh.
There wasn't much to see. It was pretty bland. The only highlights were her bikini shots and when her manager with a demon mask stormed in kick out to photographers who wanted her in a much more revealing attire. Beyond that, nothing much.

I thought her personality was also kind of bland. She's shown to be a bit clumsy when her cats wake her up and she's shown running out of her house. But she mostly cheerful and lacks any ambition or initiatives.

She's a pretty face without much in personality or depth. The first episode was a really lackluster start. I'll stick around for a few episodes, and if it doesn't improve from there, I'm dropping her show.
Samo2222

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote
Yeah sure, it seems like a decent Figma, but it's definitely not worth the extra 7000 yen over the listed price for the first volume alone. With that much money a Sonico fan could buy one of her many higher quality scaled figures instead of a bundle of joints, but the Figma will have some resell value. Either way this is ridiculous.

Ahh well, let's see how the sales go.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:10 am Reply with quote
Holy freaking cow this bundle is out of print on Cdjapan as well. Been shopping on that site for a while now and i've never seen that happen to any new shows this fast. Shocked

Then again that's probably because they didn't make that many copies since it's a limited edition. I'm still guessing the sales will be amazing though.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
If you will all remember how quickly the original Bioshock sold out with the included Big Daddy figurine, you shouldn't be surprised at this. Most of the buyers in this case are probably Sonico fanboiz and collectors. I have a Sonico figure, myself, the big set with the refrigerator, guitar, kittens, cake and teddy bear (and the transparent nightie, of course) just because it was just too darn cute to pass up. The refrigerator and guitar sold it for me. (I have one Barbie--yes, a Barbie--the Hard Rock Cafe goth punk one with the bouffant hairdo, fishnet stockings, and, especially, a Gibson Les Paul GS guitar. I couldn't resist a Barbie that you wouldn't bring home to meet your mother.) However, the only figures I'm rabid about collecting are Motoko Kusanagi and ReBoot. But with that in mind and the mind numbing amount of cash I have sunk into them, I can understand why the Sonico figure and DVD set would disappear as quickly as it did. The first Black Rock Shooter figures were just as prized. Sonico didn't even start off with a rock video. She was just a piece of concept art. I think Danny Choo's Mirai is nearly as popular, if a bit more wholesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1