• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ao Haru Ride Shōjo Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:22 am Reply with quote
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I'm so sorry guys but you have no idea what a big shoujo anime fan I am and to finally have a shoujo romance anime which is not some poorly adapted otoge game even after the previous shoujo anime which aired in 2012 failed, this is like....I can't. I'm crying because I'm so happy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
I knew this would become an anime someday and thank God it did. :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ame_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:55 am Reply with quote
Yes Yes Yes
words just can't describe how happy I'm right now, just can't, not only a shoujo fan but also a Io Sakisaka fan, and just recently I saw 'Hal' which she was in charge of character design and told to my self "when Ao haru ride will be animated?"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Soliia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote
Is today the best day ever? Today is the best day ever.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote
I hadn't heard about this one before but it sounds really interesting. Here's hoping Crunchyroll picks it up so I can watch it around when it airs.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:33 am Reply with quote
Soliia wrote:
Is today the best day ever? Today is the best day ever.

Best day ever, best week ever, best month ever...at least, for 2014. Now, with this, I just want Taiyou no Ie and Last Game to get anime and I'll be the happiest shoujo fangirl on earth.

Come on, Kodansha, come on Hakusensha! Animate these, PLEASE! Embarassed Embarassed
hamsterfactor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
Nice series, although lately it's becoming too frustrating for such a young manga. Most shoujo manga get crap adaptations, so I'm not holding my breath anyway.
hpulley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I'm so sorry guys but you have no idea what a big shoujo anime fan I am and to finally have a shoujo romance anime which is not some poorly adapted otoge game even after the previous shoujo anime which aired in 2012 failed, this is like....I can't. I'm crying because I'm so happy.
I have been supporting shoujo anime, importing the discs and manga for TnK and Say I Love You from 2012 and the disc for Hal (which is the best anime movie of the year, BTW) from 2013 so I too am very glad that they haven't given up on this genre yet, even though sales have been poor (despite my best efforts, I can't do it alone).

So I hope this is done well and rewarded for it. But I'm worried...
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
I have been supporting shoujo anime, importing the discs and manga for TnK and Say I Love You from 2012 and the disc for Hal (which is the best anime movie of the year, BTW) from 2013 so I too am very glad that they haven't given up on this genre yet, even though sales have been poor (despite my best efforts, I can't do it alone).

Yes, I know you hpulley. From both mania and from MAL. Smile You are such a dedicated fan. Yeah, Fall 2012 was a great year but it broke my heart to see both TnK and Say I Love You fail so badly. You like HAL? I'm so glad to find another fan! It was beautiful yet it was another shoujo which bombed...

Yes, I thought all companies would have given up on shoujo by now too. I really thought that there was no hope left. And yes, now that my initial excitement has worn down a bit, creepers of worry and doubt on whether this will be another Say I Love You in sales are haunting my mind.

I think if this series at least gets 4-5k then Shueisha might consider adapting their other shoujo manga like Ookami Shoujo or Ore Monogatari. And then, if those break even with a good boost to manga sales like TnK and Sukinayo then...then just maybe Taiyou no Ie and Last Game will get an anime?

But if this anime fails...like really badly like Say I love you, then...that would be another huge blow for shoujo fans. I can't afford to buy discs and I don't know Japanese(though I am learning) but I do buy shoujo manga from time to time.
hpulley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
hpulley wrote:

Yes, I know you hpulley. From both mania and from MAL. Smile You are such a dedicated fan. Yeah, Fall 2012 was a great year but it broke my heart to see both TnK and Say I Love You fail so badly. You like HAL? I'm so glad to find another fan! It was beautiful yet it was another shoujo which bombed...

I love HAL! I absolutely love it and do think it is the best anime movie of 2013. Sadly I didn't hear about it until it barely made the Bluray sales list. If not for that, I would have missed it! Would more/better marketing have helped? I don't know. A beautiful job by Wit.
Quote:
Yes, I thought all companies would have given up on shoujo by now too. I really thought that there was no hope left. And yes, now that my initial excitement has worn down a bit, creepers of worry and doubt on whether this will be another Say I Love You in sales are haunting my mind.

I think if this series at least gets 4-5k then Shueisha might consider adapting their other shoujo manga like Ookami Shoujo or Ore Monogatari. And then, if those break even with a good boost to manga sales like TnK and Sukinayo then...then just maybe Taiyou no Ie and Last Game will get an anime?

But if this anime fails...like really badly like Say I love you, then...that would be another huge blow for shoujo fans. I can't afford to buy discs and I don't know Japanese(though I am learning) but I do buy shoujo manga from time to time.
I hope it gets 4-5K as well, otherwise like you I worry that one of these is going to be the final nail in the coffin of shoujo anime, leaving us just with otome heroines who say no more than two words per sentence, if they say anything at all...
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote
Yay! License the manga now, Viz? I've been reading Strobe Edge and really enjoying it. I've not started this yet as I tend to wait for shojo series to finish before I start reading them. Definitely gonna check this series out though, and I really hope it sells well...
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:

I love HAL! I absolutely love it and do think it is the best anime movie of 2013. Sadly I didn't hear about it until it barely made the Bluray sales list. If not for that, I would have missed it! Would more/better marketing have helped? I don't know. A beautiful job by Wit.

So do I! It was so beautifully done. I think I agree with you there. It didn't get that much promotion from what I can see.

hpulley wrote:
I hope it gets 4-5K as well, otherwise like you I worry that one of these is going to be the final nail in the coffin of shoujo anime, leaving us just with otome heroines who say no more than two words per sentence, if they say anything at all...

I think Ao Haru Ride is our last hope, at least, one of our last hopes. And ugh, just thinking about having only otome heroine anime who barely say anything at all...sigh.

But you know what I want more than anything though I know it's impossible? An anime for a historical shoujo manga called Joou no Hana. It is an excellent shoujo manga with a really great female lead. It has enough material for an anime and sales are respectable but no signs for an adaptation...

This if off topic but if you like shoujo, you should read it.
Banjo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
the question is: will they animate it all?Twisted Evil
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
YES, oh my god this is amazing!!
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Neat.

Even though I dropped this manga some time ago (I found a few of the characters to be really frustrating *coughKoucough*) I'm glad there are still some shoujo series getting anime adaptations from time to time (as rare as it is) Hope they pick a good studio too. Also...

Hirunaka no Ryuusei and Taiyou no Ie anime when?!

Last edited by BunnyCupCakes on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2