• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatching Pokemon Becomes Automated With Machine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm at 3,900 Charmanders right now. Masuda Method. Still no shiny. Over 700 hours, of which 600 hours were breeding for this Charmander.
Already, two people have taken my 6-IV Charmanders I gave them (I play in Japanese) and gotten shinies within 200 eggs.

I. Want. This. Machine. Right. Now.

Please.

BEFORE I KILL SOMEONE. D:
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I WANT THIS MACHINE. SOMEONE MAKE IT FOR ME AND SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm torn. On the one hand, an egg-hatching machine would save me from having to hatch any more, and building it would be an awesome project. But on the other hand, having a machine to hatch my Pokemon eggs would take away my excuse to watch sitcom and (dubbed) anime reruns.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I want to catch all the Pokemon, but Nintendo makes it impossible with events being region-based (like Celebi in Crystal), and needing to buy different consoles and different games to get certain eggs and Pokemon.

So unfair. They need to make all the legendaries available from Black and White onward without relying on Diamond and Pearl and anything before.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Apparently there has been efforts to uncover the mechanisms behind 'shiny' breeding;
Kotaku: Pokémon X and Y Community Solves Shiny Hatching
Quote:
...has turned up a new field, in Pokémon X and Y, called "Shiny Value." A trainer has one and every egg has one. When they match, the egg hatches as a shiny, or an alternate coloration of a Pokémon species. ...

Not interested in the franchise myself, but thought it worth mentioning as remembered reading about it...
kakoishii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I hate friggin' hatching eggs, if I had a machine to do it'd make breeding for a right natured female evee to make a sylveon so much easier. Plus I wouldn't have to waste two poke slots (one for the egg, one for my flamebody fletchinder) while I'm trying to hatch eggs and ev train/level up at the same time.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Apparently there has been efforts to uncover the mechanisms behind 'shiny' breeding;
Kotaku: Pokémon X and Y Community Solves Shiny Hatching
Quote:
...has turned up a new field, in Pokémon X and Y, called "Shiny Value." A trainer has one and every egg has one. When they match, the egg hatches as a shiny, or an alternate coloration of a Pokémon species. ...

Not interested in the franchise myself, but thought it worth mentioning as remembered reading about it...

For better or for worse, that program that allowed you to see this stuff has been blocked by the latest update. Instacheck no longer will work.

On the one hand, I'm upset because I used it to speed up my shiny Charmander breeding process and check the eggs for the shiny value before they were born (I want my Trainer ID attached to it and the freedom to change its name, so I'm not trading it to someone with the same shiny value).
On the other hand, people took the instacheck program and expanded on it to allow them to actually see what attack their opponents was about to use that turn (they'd wait for their opponent to choose first), allowing them to directly cheat during actual online play, so this update prevented that from being possible.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Well thats something building a machine to play Pokemon must not have much of a life there isnt there cheats or just crack would be faster
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well thats something building a machine to play Pokemon must not have much of a life there isnt there cheats or just crack would be faster

People who have an interest in building machines do it for the sake of doing it. It's just a cool device. It could've been unshelling peanuts. As long as it's cool and inspires awe, it doesn't matter what device it is.
king 47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

I play Pokemon occasionally, but I'm not expert.
My guess is that the hobby of building this was more of a reason that to get a shiny.

However, I know that that for competition they don't allow non-legit pokemon. So if he, or she, used a cheat, the generated pokemon will not be allowed. Though how they would detect that, if they can, is beyond this.

Shinies don't matter for competitions though, so I don't know. It's just for bragging and showing off, so the machine was likely built for funsies.
Help_me_Im_a_n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

People who have an interest in building machines do it for the sake of doing it. It's just a cool device. It could've been unshelling peanuts. As long as it's cool and inspires awe, it doesn't matter what device it is.

I'm pretty sure if it weren't for Pokemon the same skills can be used to build something else.

Oh yeah, and there's an idiot out there who is trying to build spaceships, what a fool. His name is Elon Musk.

If I were female I'd have the baby of the creator of this machine. Genes that can do this are what's needed for the human race.
king 47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Help_me_Im_a_n00b wrote:

I'm pretty sure if it weren't for Pokemon the same skills can be used to build something else.

Oh yeah, and there's an idiot out there who is trying to build spaceships, what a fool. His name is Elon Musk.

If I were female I'd have the baby of the creator of this machine. Genes that can do this are what's needed for the human race.

You're on an anime forum, surely you're time can be used for something better. It's not like humanity is living very efficiently and this guy just decided to have break that.
Even the best of scientists have hobbies and other interests.
Think before you talk.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1