• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Karas: The Revelation release date?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Major Max

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I have been waiting for Karas: The Revelation for a long time and it hasn't came out yet. So I decided to check online for the release date. After going to many sites all of them had one of these three choices:

April 3, 2007

April 25, 2007

September 25, 2007

This only puzzled me more. If anyone knows when this is coming out please post your answer. Thank you.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I believe a good number of Manga titles were bumped back from their original release date, and the most recent info points to September 25th as it's release. I remember a few people were upset about Noein being delayed as well. Good grief, I pre-ordered this DVD back in August 17th which will be over a year before it's release!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I believe a good number of Manga titles were bumped back from their original release date, and the most recent info points to September 25th as it's release. I remember a few people were upset about Noein being delayed as well. Good grief, I pre-ordered this DVD back in August 17th which will be over a year before it's release!

Likewise I preorder this from a Rightstuf sale back in August of 2006, I also had the 7th volume of 2nd gig in my order......it's a little irratting to say in the least. What should of been released on one dvd now turns into two dvds along with tons of delays that are really killing the story. Way to go Manga, and basically kill of my interest in your show.
Necrontry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Karas delayed again? Arrgh I didn't know about this. Wasn't the second disc originally planned to be released september of 2006. Then it got changed to April... Now Sept of 2007. Was any reason given?
Rozzer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quote
Wow, I almost completely forgot Karas had a second part coming out, first one came out around 05 right?? Confused
Eric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
Wow, I almost completely forgot Karas had a second part coming out, first one came out around 05 right?? Confused

The first one was released on April 25, 2006.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
10円

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote
I remember when Manga was a big name. And now... now they're just nothing. CPM too. Oh well.
mpchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quote
I don't think its really Manga's fault. There is somehow zero news or production going on for Karas in Japan. The Japanese Official Website looks just like how it was more than a year ago, with no hint of any episode 4 coming out soon. So sad. Wonder why such a cool project got put on hold like that, when it actually won some OVA awards.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Karas vol 1 came straight to DVD, right? And it definitely had some really amazing graphics in a majority of the fight and car chase scenes. Now, with only 3 episodes to give you enough back story to figure out the story-line, what in the world would slow up just 3 more episodes? I'm sure there will be lots of action packed CGI animation and other crap we haven't scene before, but come on, feed the fan boys a little somethin with a teaser at least.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this was very disappointing news. The initial delay between the two releases seemed bad enough, now we're talking about a year and a half gap between the two. Of course, this is assuming that it actually does get released this September as planned, at this point I'm not going to hold my breath. It's a shame too, almost like Square is handling the release with the number of delays we're seeing. Would be nice if they at least provided some information as to why it was delayed and told us what the likelihood of seeing yet another delay in September.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm inclined to believe the September date as this damn thing has been delayed for so long anyway. I wish companies would pick a date and deliver like they used to. Geneon has also been pushing back dates and I'm getting annoyed. Evil or Very Mad
mpchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quote
While I would love to see it got released in coming Sept, its not likely. If its true, we would be seeing episode 4 came out or coming out in Japan by now. Betweem now and September to pump out 3 episodes of OVA of such high quality is really a stretch, not to mention Manga would need extra time for the localization.

Looks like September is only a wishful thinking date that Manga published, since they already announced the release way before the Japanese even start production.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
10円 wrote:
I remember when Manga was a big name. And now... now they're just nothing. CPM too. Oh well.

Manga is one of my favorite companies despite delays and a relatively small catalog. There DVDs tend to have excellent audio and video as well as a good number of extras. Manga's never had so many titles out in a single year that I've collected compared to this year.

current releases:

Karas: The first volume was brilliant. I love the slipcase and free manga insert included.I've heard that this DVD can be found for really cheap although a MSRP of $25 isn't too bad.

Noein: Not only is this series amazing in itself, Manga has included a good number of extras including the entertaining interviews with Akane and Haruka's voice actor. The slipcase included with volume one was nice and was missed with volume two. The $20 MSRP for 5 episodes make this a must buy in my opinion.

Tactics: This is another five episode per DVD count series. I'm actually enjoying this series much to my surprise. This release has my biggest complaint since it is dubtitled. The extras are also fun featuring the cast interviews and random CM collection.

Tokko: The weakest title from Manga in awhile, this series is another five episode for $25 DVD. My second biggest Manga complaint is that there are only one chapter mark per episode, which makes skipping the obnoxious OP credits hard to do. I opted to get this series due to the great per episode price. This DVD also has a staff interview.

Comparing Manga to CPM who had no new series last year, and this year is definitely not fair to Manga who I think is having one of their better years.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
Karas: The first volume was brilliant. I love the slipcase and free manga insert included.I've heard that this DVD can be found for really cheap although a MSRP of $25 isn't too bad.

Most major retailers (Best Buy, Circuit City) have this dvd on sale for $15 whereas DeepDiscount has this for $11.99 Shocked shipped! I know that most retailers still have this available for purchase I got it with Street Fighter Movie for buy one get one half off during a Best Buy sale.

Also I know that several Blockbuster video also picked this title up so if your cheap you can spent $4~ and watch the first movie.....not a bad deal at all.

Like you noted Randall, I really like Manga's releases they are very nice but it just bugs me how long a delay can be in between volumes.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Geneon has also been pushing back dates and I'm getting annoyed. Evil or Very Mad

I don't remember the specifics, but Geneon has apparently moved to a new warehouse or somethin' along those lines. Bandai Ent. has undergone a similar change. Recent solicitations are pretty much solid and good to go now, so there's not much to get upset over.

And as for Karas, I've love to see it since I've heard that it's a visual feast, but only until it's complete. Since nothing new has come out in Japan past the first three episodes, as mentioned previously, Manga Ent. can't put out anything new. A real pity.

I do wish that they would release some sort of statement on the status of it, however, since just repeatedly pushing the release date back further and further is just going to annoy more fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2