• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime vs The Fandom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Punisher.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:43 am Reply with quote
Age is a big factor. Younger people give into peer pressure much more easily than adults do. Image within your group when you are young is everything, and for every 'rebel' teen that says otherwise, it is the truth for 100 others.
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quote
The fandom of the anime should have no bearing if you want to watch the show. Cmon,there are worst fanboys/girls communities out there then the anime fan communities. For example,I hate the Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft fanboys out there worst then anyone but its do not stop me from doing my second favorite hobby. Fandom is just a way to express your love for a certain thing its nothing more and its nothing less.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote
The Punisher. wrote:
Age is a big factor. Younger people give into peer pressure much more easily than adults do. Image within your group when you are young is everything, and for every 'rebel' teen that says otherwise, it is the truth for 100 others.

As good as a point as you make, it was actually kind of different for me. For as long as I can remember, I have never done anything just simply because everyone else was doing it, or simply rebel against what everyone else was doing just because they were. I mean, stereotype is something I have always hated, even when I didn't even know what stereotype was. Not even as a kid or preteen, or even as a teen did I ever do this. I'm probably just special in this way, I guess.

Quote:

Fandom is just a way to express your love for a certain thing its nothing more and its nothing less.

Very true. But it's when your expression of love for a certain thing becomes your way of life that it get's way out of hand. I believe those are the kinds of fans everyone here is talking about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5