• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paradise Kiss Special Edition Volume 3 canceled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
The "unofficial" word from Geneon is that they couldn't get all the rings made fast enough, at the quality that they wanted.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
The "unofficial" word from Geneon is that they couldn't get all the rings made fast enough, at the quality that they wanted.
I see, well..this sucks, I was also looking forward on buying that SE v.3, it was supposed to be released on April 17 [2 days after my b-day].Damn, that ring would've been awesome[I was excited about it], it looked really nice from the picture/illustration that they showed. They even had it on their site. Oh well...maybe it'll still be released somehow, then again maybe not. Geneon people, fix this , or atleast provide us with an explanation as to why you guys suddenly cancelled this release. Although, I'm sure that they have a good reason, they would've made a lot of money selling those SE paradise kiss dvds [$44.99] . That ring though... Anime cry
crescendoll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

Bummer. Personally, I'd wait as long as I had to for it, but somehow it feels better to have a reason.
Sailor Maddie Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

Well, it's good to hear they're concerned about quality rather than just making a ton of cheap rings fast... Smile
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
What's weird is,Best buy still has the $44.99 SE for avalaible for pre-order, and the Image shown for it , isn't paradise kiss, it's Black Lagoon. It's [image] been like that for a while now [about a week or so] , seems like no one's going to change it. LOL
Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:
I hope this doesn't mean sales for the series are disappointing. I was really looking forward to this starting a trend for more mature, female oriented titles (ParaKiss isn't a favourite of mine, but I hoped if it did well we might actually see more josei shows licensed as well).

That's my concern as well. The description of Paradise Kiss itself doesn't do much for me, but there have been rumors flying around here that it's a test to see if Josei would do well in Region 1 sales. If it doesn't do well, those of us hoping for more - particularly Honey and Clover - might be in trouble.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
how sad. i was really looking forward to that also Sad

did anyone get a rose scented art card with vol 2?
kolibri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
did anyone get a rose scented art card with vol 2?

No! How did you get it?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
it was really weird. i went to frys electronics to pick up a copy last week and near the rack of dvds there was a big stack of art cards. i thought it might have been a duplicate of one of the ones included in the first volume but it isnt. its pretty neat. ill take a pic and post it on the forum.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/luffypirate85/parakiss1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/luffypirate85/parakiss2.jpg

theres pics of both sides. sorry though my cell phone pics arent that great.
gary leeman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Although I'm not a fan of the series, I'm not a fan of cancellations either (although really, who is?)
I give my condolences to all of you who were anticipating this ring. I'm always confused as to why companies will cancel the release if they can't get something done in time (apparently in this case, the ring). Couldn't they just put it on hold until they made sure the quality and quantity were at a level that would satisfy them and the fans?

Anyways, I hope that you fans get the ring you were wanting at some point.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
it was really weird. i went to frys electronics to pick up a copy last week and near the rack of dvds there was a big stack of art cards. i thought it might have been a duplicate of one of the ones included in the first volume but it isnt. its pretty neat. ill take a pic and post it on the forum.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/luffypirate85/parakiss1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/luffypirate85/parakiss2.jpg

theres pics of both sides. sorry though my cell phone pics arent that great.
AH! HOW COME I DIDN't GET THOSe?!?! Anime cry LOL. Were they included with volume2? Those are really cute. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2