• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ever play a video game you'd like to see made into Anime?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
After seeing Disgaea, one of my favorite games of all forever, animated the way it was, I wish to spare any and every game from an anime counterpart.

Although, I still secretly wish for a Disgaea 2 anime just so I can have a legitimate reason to add Rozalin to "best anime characters ever" list. The Disgaea anime dropped the ball on the storyline part, but "all new adventures" with Rozalin would make it worth watching on that alone. Laughing
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I think they should make Guitar Hero an Anime. That would rock harder than Dwane Johnson. It could be a dude's climb to riches from obscurity.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
Xenogears-I would LOVE to see this as an anime.

Rhapsody- Old-ish strategy game that was on par with Digaea in comic relief. This game was hilarious in everything it did and I would like to an anime og it.

Grandia- Not 2 or Xtreme and not even 3 but the original. It was the best and it would be amazing as an anime. Even if they kept the CG for the giant ancient robo-things. (Been a while since I played it.)

Legend of Dragoon- I want MANY things to come from this, a sequel, a remake, an anime and a manga. This is just a great set-up for all of the above/to the left.

And of course Chrono Trigger and/or Chrono Cross- I love both to death and just wish that a series would be made for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Nerv1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quote
Someone should try and make Halo into an anime, it would make a good or even great sci-fi anime series with its epic storyline and they could even reveal the identity of Master Chief. Crimson Skies would also be a good choice, which takes place in an alternate view of the USA and the world in the 1930's. With intense dogfights, a great soundtrack and a lady's man as the main character, who wouldn't like it?
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quote
I sware to GAWD that if Master Chief is revealed I will hate Halo FOREVER!!!!!, including the movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Nerv1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
I sware to GAWD that if Master Chief is revealed I will hate Halo FOREVER!!!!!, including the movie.

Actually, the Halo movie was cancelled, and Master Chief "has" been revealed,

Master Chief is Chuck Norris!
jin69

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quote
I don't know if the game Soul Calibur was ever made into an anime, that would be awesome.....
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:52 am Reply with quote
Good news for the movie and BAD (but fitting) news for Master Chief.
mastermind2563

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:06 am Reply with quote
i think that Tales Of Symphonia would make a great full length anime series the cut sense in the game are already great art base for one

Also id have to say that you could make a decent anime from that Onimusha series at least the ones that have Samanosuke in it. and i can alread here people saying do we need another inuyasha like anime but the game was so great i think it would be a good choose
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Grandia- Not 2 or Xtreme and not even 3 but the original. It was the best and it would be amazing as an anime. Even if they kept the CG for the giant ancient robo-things. (Been a while since I played it.)
I played it again about 8 months ago; it has held up pretty well over the years.

I just finished Killer 7, and while I think an anime would work, I also think something would be lost in the conversion. It's only the second game that I can think of where the gameplay itself was used to make a point (Shadow of the Colossus would be the other). But, the artstyle, convoluted story, quirky characters and the uh...oddness would probably be enough to make an interesting anime.

[OT]: The rumored video game forum is obviously needed here. Smile
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Rakushun wrote:
Katamari Damacy Laughing
The anime would follow the adventures of its diminutive hero, The Prince Of All Cosmos, as he saves the universe from the bunglings of The King Of All Cosmos with a giant stickyball.

wow! i vote for that.

also on a related note did you see that commerical when the guy falls down a hil and suddenly rolls up collecting items and people and cars and trees similar to our favorite game. then it breaks apart when it hit a building. me and troy thinks its inspired by katamari.

also for you katamari fans i suggest Loco Roco. another rolling game using a creature to eat fruits get bigger and breaks apart into many of them and saves the world. plus its very musical and got a 4 out of 5.

plus it would make a great children anime.

selenta wrote:
Well, the first thing that went through my mind was:

Final Fantasy! -> Hmm, which one? -> X was good! -> ...... -> Oh wait, FFX was a movie... Rolling Eyes

Just skimmed through the thread, I'm surprised. Not as many RPG fans out there as I'd imagined, hard to find a more anime appropriate story than Forgotten Realms stuff like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale. Those who know of Drizzt I'm sure can imagine the fights with him playing with his dual scimitars.

i agree. my bro probably would flip and watch it since he's a big fan of those.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote
caseclosedfan414 wrote:

-Kingdom Hearts (hell yeah)

They have a manga to that.
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

And of course Chrono Trigger and/or Chrono Cross- I love both to death and just wish that a series would be made for it.

Chrono Trigger was an awesome RPG! Go old school games.
Doctor who

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I think killzone would make a great comic book (and well anime too I guess). The art style was just fantastic but sadly the game play was very ho-hum and at times buggy.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
I'm playing an RPG called Phantom Brave and one of the characters in the game asks you "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a Phantom Brave anime?" and they also say "Have you played Disgaea?" (same publisher as Phantom Brave - how's that for self promotion?)
bllanosr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:31 am Reply with quote
I play mostly RPGs or Resident Evil type games. I would have to say any of those would be cool as an anime or manga. But I did find some that were disappointing:

Final Fantasy - I was a bit disappointed with the Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystal anime. Wasn't sure if it was based of FF5 or not. It had similar characters with different names. FF7 or FF9 would be cool as a manga though.

Xenogears - The anime for the first game was actually well done. Stuck exactly to the main plot. The graphics/art work were also well done. Too bad they don't plan on continuing with the series.

Legend of Zelda - I saw some of the mangas that they have available and I really liked them. They had some of the quirkiness of the later games (mostly for the GBA). I would like to see the original Legend of Zelda or at least A Link to the Past as a an anime or manga though. (was the first Zelda that got me hooked)

Legend of the Mystical Ninja - I love this series. It's just too bad that it never got that popular in the US. I want to watch the anime, but can never find it.

Resident Evil/Biohazard - I heard they had a manga. But all the results I got were all hentai or dojounshi type stuff. I would like something that stuck to the story line. I stopped playing the series but thought the overall plot was cool.

I would also prefer authentic mangas over doujinshis. They tend to veer off the storyline and they also tend to be of the hentai influence. =(

Last edited by bllanosr on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11