• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon X & Y Gets Classic Starter Pokémon, 3DS XL Variants

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Why do I always miss out on the variant ones?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Well I suppose that explains the pokemon Orgins special suddenly taking place within Kanto...

I'm not gonna lie, The mega Charizard and Blastoise designs feel a tad underwhelming to me, I mostly like Venasaur's... Still I think I know which of the starters I'm gonna pick now!

Speaking of which I really can't wait to see the evolution maps of the New starters!
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I STILL want Venustoise dammit!!
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Blastoise just got a cannon moved to the middle of his back... Kinda underwealming, especially since I love Blastoise.

Charizard looks more dragonic in general, so you would think it would replace its flying type with dragon. It would help its stealth rock weakness and give it much better stab coverage. I like the design alright, but regular old charizard is hard to beat.

Venusaur's palm is more impressive, and I like the vines, and the face with the flower is pretty cool... I really like it.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Charizard looks awesome as always and that mega evolution kicks ass. Smile
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Dang, man, if I didn't already have my Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS I'd totally be going for that red 3DS.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Mega Evolutions continue to be mega dumb but a chance to get the old starters is cool.
gedata

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Mega Venusaur looks kinda samey-samey to me.

Other then that, kewl
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Charizard's mega-evolution looks awesome, and the Pokémon Bank is a nice service for that price. Smile

I love the red X/Y 3DS as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kakoishii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
thebluehammer wrote:
That's lame, so now we have to pay to transfer our pokemon from black and white if we want them in x and y... Mad

I know what you mean. But aside from the previous gens before the new gens transferring stuff over from one game to the next could get frustrating for multiple generations. It was nice being able to directly transfer stuff from black/white to black 2/white 2, and from soul silver/heart gold to diamond/pearl but other than that it always felt like jumping through hoops transferring the other stuff. I think we'd all prefer free, but I'm not completely opposed to 5 bucks with no hassle transferring from any of my games to X/Y.
Asrialys wrote:
Well...looks like I may get a third 3DS this year...

lol Burning through my allowed 3DS data transfers so quickly...

I was holding out for more colors with the XLs, but those X/Y exclusive XLs are really awesome looking. I think I'm gonna cave and buy another 3DS. Only problem is I don't know whether to go for the blue or the red XY 3DS XL. Decisions, decisons...
Raikuro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
thebluehammer wrote:
That's lame, so now we have to pay to transfer our pokemon from black and white if we want them in x and y... Mad

Transfer everything over during the free trial.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:35 am Reply with quote
Did not expect this. Don't know how the Mega Evolution mechanic works but I hope Charizard isn't as hindered by Stealth Rock. Venasaur will be as strong as ever as it's already quite powerful in current competition. As for Blastoise, I don't know, we'll have to see and there's the fact that there are so many Water types that already do many different things.

Love the designs, they have so much energy. Not too thrilled as I already have all the Kanto starters with their Dream World abilities and max stats but we'll see what happens with the mega evolution.
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
Now to wait for the to announce Megameganium with a flower on its flower
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2