• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thoughts on the last episode of Tokko

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching the last episode of Tokko.What were your thoughts?

The whole episode in general seemed quite rushed to me. With spoiler[Saya suddenly kidnapped in the 2nd-last episode and Ryoko captured in the last episode,] it seemed like they had to rush everything to (at least try to) get things resolved. The 2nd half of the ep seemed especially rushed (specifically the last 5-7 minutes. Ranmaru's conflict with Sakura seemed to last about 3 minutes, & His fight with Taishi after spoiler[obtaining Sakura's powers] didn't even last 2 minutes. Confused spoiler[And in the end, Ranmaru saves Saya, yet Taishi's not even dead yet?? Anime dazed ]

Did this series end up being cut short? Does it continue in the manga?
Thalan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as I will sorta ressurect this old thread, I beg my apologies.

Anyways to the point, personally I finished TOKKO last night and I reacted more or less the way Buster did, with thoughts of "Was that it?" forming in my head.

So my question is more or less the exact same as Busters, was the series cut short and/or does it continue in the manga? (Even though the manga is just a three volumes long)
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Well i'm not sure if it was cut short or not but I though the whole series was rushed. It happened too fast and these people were too excepting to it all in the amount of time things happened. What really got me was the blonde girls boob shot when she was telling the main dude what happened to her. I didn't see that coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
forever_young

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
The series definitely was rushed when they re-aired all 13 eps in just 4 nights last month.
I watched it back in the Spring, and didn’t really think it was all that rushed;
but then again, I had 3 ½ months to watch it.

I can see your point though. It looks like they could have wrapped things up better.

As for the dub, I was disappointed to see that Manga has hired Bang Zoom.
I wish they would’ve gotten someone better to dub it…
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1