• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aoi Yori Aoshi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBUSKOHL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
i really would love to knew if they completed the story because in enshi they had they story with tina but you really never see Aoi & Kaoru get married or being able to tell anyone that the are engaged to be married. I would love any leads or information on this subject !!!???
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Well I don't know about the manga but they haven't done anything else with the anime, so Enishi is where that ends
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quote
RBUSKOHL wrote:
i really would love to knew if they completed the story because in enshi they had they story with tina but you really never see Aoi & Kaoru get married or being able to tell anyone that the are engaged to be married. I would love any leads or information on this subject !!!???

Well, according to the ANN Encyclopedia, there are only two volumes of the manga left, So they will have to tie up the story pretty dang quick.

May I suggest to you that you post your question in the Manga section as you will be more likely to get your answer.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quote
3 volumes left actually unless 15 came out a month early and I don't know about it. There's 17 volumes and from the cover art on 17 it's a good bet that yeah they do conclude things but that kind of stuff can be deceptive.

It shows spoiler[Aoi in traditional Japanese wedding atire.]

and it's Ai Yori Aoshi. Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
3 volumes left actually unless 15 came out a month early and I don't know about it.

Embarassed I had the number 15 on the brain for some reason.

I'm actually just now starting the manga myself. Ordered it on the TSRI sale in October and it took them until a week ago to send me vols. 6 & 8. I'm at Vol. 3 so far and enjoying it! I'm actually looking forward to when it starts to diverge from the anime.
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
3 volumes left actually unless 15 came out a month early and I don't know about it.

I'm actually just now starting the manga myself. Ordered it on the TSRI sale in October and it took them until a week ago to send me vols. 6 & 8. I'm at Vol. 3 so far and enjoying it! I'm actually looking forward to when it starts to diverge from the anime.

Any idea when that happens I've already seen both seasons of Ai Yori Aoshi and i really want to finish the story. I'm considering buying the manga, I just need to know which volume to buy Razz
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
youkai_ronin wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Any idea when that happens I've already seen both seasons of Ai Yori Aoshi and i really want to finish the story. I'm considering buying the manga, I just need to know which volume to buy Razz

Start with #1, that's usually the easiest way.
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
youkai_ronin wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Start with #1, that's usually the easiest way.

Hmmm, well there's about 15 volumes and assuming they'll cost me around 9-10 dollars at the most I'll need approximately 135.00 to 150.00, ugh I suck so badly at math. We'll since I'll potentially throw a hefty sum of cash on this, I'm assuming it's much better than the anime right?

P.S. I apologize if this is veering off-topic
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
youkai_ronin wrote:
Hmmm, well there's about 15 volumes and assuming they'll cost me around 9-10 dollars at the most I'll need approximately 135.00 to 150.00, ugh I suck so badly at math. We'll since I'll potentially throw a hefty sum of cash on this, I'm assuming it's much better than the anime right?

Do what I did. Wait until there is a kickass sale at someplace like The Right Stuf International, and buy them on sale. My fourteen volumes were $6.03 each. I may have had to wait but it certainly was a better price than getting them at B. Dalton or the like.
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
youkai_ronin wrote:

Do what I did. Wait until there is a kickass sale at someplace like The Right Stuf International, and buy them on sale. My fourteen volumes were $6.03 each. I may have had to wait but it certainly was a better price than getting them at B. Dalton or the like.

Nice! Wink Thanks for the advice, now all I need to do is be patient and wait. Cool *hides in the bushes*
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:19 am Reply with quote
Unlike with many other anime adaptations of manga, the two AYA anime series together follow the events of the first 9 volumes of the manga pretty closely, albeit in scrambled order and with toned down fan service. (Nudity is common in the manga, and all the female characters except Aoi's mother get at least a couple of opportunities to show their stuff.) Beyond that major discrepancies are few and far between. spoiler[Kaoru's appeal to Aoi's father] in the first series, spoiler[Kaoru and Aoi's hotel visit] in the second series, and spoiler[Tina's departure and return] in the second series are the only scenes I can think of that play out significantly differently in the manga.

During volume 10 the manga starts to head beyond where the anime goes (although some chapters past that point were still in the anime), so that's probably the point you want to start if you only want to look at post-anime developments.

And volume 15 isn't out until February, and it sounds like it should have some dramatic developments. It will probably be my top-priority read that month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
The manga really fleshes the characters out more and the later volumes end some story points and add others. spoiler[Tina finally admits her love to Kaoru and realizes that it is Aoi he loves. They also have Kaoru go back home and finds out his grandfather has lost some of his memory and is very sick. They also take that moment to introduce the fact that Kaoru has a brother (unbeknowst to him). ]Hopefully they will tie it all up in the last few volumes.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quote
Time flies by, doesn't it? Too bad my acquainted rental refuses to purchase the final two volumes, calling the series not making profit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1