• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
YesAsia.com

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote
[url]YesAsia.com[/url]
I am just wondering if anyone here has purchased DVDs from this company. They offer lots of R2 DVDs, I am personally looking to buy Mind game (since there is English Subs!) probably in the near future.

So I am looking for recommendation for this site, or even if you had a bad experience let me know. How was the shipping? Did custom hold your package for a very long time, or did the item arrive in a timely matter. Thanks

Delta
JW

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
[url]YesAsia.com[/url]
I am just wondering if anyone here has purchased DVDs from this company. They offer lots of R2 DVDs, I am personally looking to buy Mind game (since there is English Subs!) probably in the near future.

So I am looking for recommendation for this site, or even if you had a bad experience let me know. How was the shipping? Did custom hold your package for a very long time, or did the item arrive in a timely matter. Thanks

Delta

I bought a lot of stuff from them, so far I don't have any problem. Their price is a little bit high, but they don't charge shipping if your order is over $25. I only used their regular shipping option. It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks to get to Calgary, AB. And it usually ships out from Toronto, so there is no custom problem. I don't know about US shipping.
daxomni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I bought Mind Game from yesasia.com. No problems whatsoever. Shipped from Taiwan IIRC. Everything looked on the up-and-up, price was correct for R2 and shipping was free. I know what bootlegs look like based on what happened to friends who were either ignorant or immoral, and this was no bootleg. Many other people have given similar accounts from their experience with yesasia, just search through the retail section and you'll see what I'm talking about.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-videos/pid-1003878240/

http://us.yesasia.com/en/specials/coupon/index.aspx

If you don't know how to make your DVD player work with Region 2 DVD's just go here like everyone else:

http://www.videohelp.com/

Last edited by daxomni on Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yukinos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I've never purchased DVDs from YesAsia, but I have imported games and CDs from them. Shipping time wasn't too bad, and the one time a game never arrived, they were nice enough to send out another copy, which I received just fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1