• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyopop Manga's

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:16 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:
^^

Why not? Tokyopop is fixing to rerelease CCS in the 100% manga format. They have already rereleased Magic Knights Rayearth (their first magna series ever) in the 100% format.

I would think that Sailor Moon would be just a matter of time.

I'm just wondering if they see any profit to it. It is a rather long series they'd have to redo. And it's not just flipping the stuff back the right way.
Izlude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:45 pm Reply with quote
It's been over 2 years since Sailor Moon finished ya know, so like when all the old ones are gone, they'll have to do some re-prints. I think re-releasing Sailor Moon, and even Sorcerer Hunters into the 100% Authentic Manga line would be great, especially Sorcerer Hunters because its like 12.95 a volume and I really wanna read the rest of it.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:08 pm Reply with quote
at the Time DIC had the rights to almost all sailor moon and forced tokyopop to do the name changes. Atleast thats what I recall was up with the situation at the time could all be BS.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Izlude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Thats actually quite possiable. DiC and even Toei dont want to see the anime of Sailor Moon they shaped into to be suitable for young girls to have its "image" tarnished by the manga, which is alot more darker than the anime ever was. I mean, freaking Sailor Moon MELTED!!!! Twisted Evil HAH HAH HAH!!!

But since Sailor Moon is no under control by Dic, and even Cloverway it seems, and Pioneer and ADV both releaed two seasons uncut on dvd, it could go much better now for the Sailor Moon manga getting re-released.
WoAiNi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:41 am Reply with quote
its kinda hard ta read( da ones dat start fum da bac), but i still read them >< ne wayz Demon Dariy,Ragnarok, GTO, Real About High School,Shaolin Sisters, and Samurai Deeper...............those r all da Tokyo pops i got
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:26 pm Reply with quote
That makes me think "Demon Dairy", which would be an interesting manga, I think.

-Z
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2