• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Next DNAngel manga release?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quote
Okay, I've checked ANN's encyclopedia and the last Japanese release was Vol. 10 in 2004.

Does anyone know the status on this? Other than hiatus? I seem to remember hearing/reading that the manga-ka was ill or injured.

I'd like to know if I should expect another volume or if I should just set it aside like x/1999.

Thanks!
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
vol 10 was just released in japan so we just have to wait till tokyopop releases it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Actually, volume eleven was released several months ago now in Japan, but the English release of said volume has yet to be announced. I don't know if any further volumes are available in Japan at this time.

There are currently ten volumes available in English. I'm not sure what the Japanese serialization schedule is like for the chapters, and that schedule is what dictates the wait between tankouban releases in Japan, which in turn dictates (at least in part) the wait between graphic novel releases in America.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on the Tokyopop website. They're generally pretty good about updating release schedules on their series, particularly the popular ones like D.N. Angel.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I just hit up The Right Stuf's website and they have listed a release date for Vol. 11 for Sept. 13, 2006!

Yipee!!!
cuteness

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
so, i just read volume 11 and i had some strange idea that it was the last volume. i was shocked with the whole to be continued. so i check tp's site and they don't even have a volume 12 listed. i looked around and couldn't even see that there has been a volume 12 published in japan. does anyone know what is going with this series? is it on hiatus?
smoochy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote
I bought volume 11 a couple days ago, so that ones out... And it said something about volume 12 in December I believe.
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote
cuteness wrote:
so, i just read volume 11 and i had some strange idea that it was the last volume. i was shocked with the whole to be continued. so i check tp's site and they don't even have a volume 12 listed. i looked around and couldn't even see that there has been a volume 12 published in japan. does anyone know what is going with this series? is it on hiatus?

I don't think that enough content has come out in Japan to make the 12th volume of DN Angel yet. Yukiru Sugisaki is still working on the series, but it's going slowly because she is also working on half a dozen other series (to the best of my knowledge). I'm not sure how frequently chapters of DN Angel come out in Asuka magazine, so I can't even make a guess as to when the next volume will be released there.

If I learn any more information, I'll be sure to pass it on.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
ShadrachAnki wrote:
Yukiru Sugisaki is still working on the series, but it's going slowly because she is also working on half a dozen other series (to the best of my knowledge).

Speaking of...when is the next Lagoon Engine Einsatz entry supposed to come out? According to Newtype USA, it would be back in a year (when it left the mag), and I believe it's been quite over. If anyone has anything on that, I would be much appreciative.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
ShadrachAnki wrote:
Yukiru Sugisaki is still working on the series, but it's going slowly because she is also working on half a dozen other series (to the best of my knowledge).

Speaking of...when is the next Lagoon Engine Einsatz entry supposed to come out? According to Newtype USA, it would be back in a year (when it left the mag), and I believe it's been quite over. If anyone has anything on that, I would be much appreciative.

This should help: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/XagPU8J3iqsHsTdp03/browse/search/5/4/0/0/results/desc/asc/50/1. Vol. 3 is on "order from the manufacturer" and vol. 4 is out in Dec. (?)
hikaru393

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
d.n.angel vol 11 comes out sept 13th 2006 and that's my birthday to so next week vol 11 is out that's what tokyo pop.com says.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaaaaaammmmyyy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
ShadrachAnki wrote:
cuteness wrote:

I don't think that enough content has come out in Japan to make the 12th volume of DN Angel yet. Yukiru Sugisaki is still working on the series, but it's going slowly because she is also working on half a dozen other series (to the best of my knowledge). I'm not sure how frequently chapters of DN Angel come out in Asuka magazine, so I can't even make a guess as to when the next volume will be released there.

If I learn any more information, I'll be sure to pass it on.

~Shadrach Anki

i hope vol 12 will come out soon..i've been waiting for a while now..=p i want to know what is going to happen next...
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know why the releases are taking so long now? They had been coming out fairly regularly and then become so sporadic. The series was very well done and I have been reading the manga to see if they elaborate more on Derk's past but these release dates, or lack of, are killing me. Anyone actually know why it's on hiatus like this?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
And to think I'm still wondering about something I wrote about 8 months ago. Rolling Eyes

I'm like psycho...when are we going to get the next volume? **whines**
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Does anyone know why the releases are taking so long now? They had been coming out fairly regularly and then become so sporadic.

The English releases are taking so long now because we've caught up to the Japanese release. The Japanese releases are slow because Yukiru Sugisaki is working on a number of different projects at the same time. From what I've been able to glean in my readings, she'll rotate through the series she's working on.

I'm not sure how frequently new chapters of DN Angel come out in Japan. I know it's published in Asuka magazine, but I'll have to do more research to find out more on that subject.

~Shadrach Anki
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Thanks ShadrachAnki. The information is much appreciated!

Hm, several projects are good and all, but....**shrugs**
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2