• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to Take 5-Week Break Before Finale

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Blatant assumption on the populace's part: the article says how long this "final battle" (very unlikely that it will consist of JUST a battle) is going to be.

This is YOUR work, Kubo-sensei, not the fans', so end it how YOU feel YOU need to.

When it gets right down to it, all this article says is that he's going on hiatus for five weeks.

No one is saying anything about how he should end it. We're all just making guesses as to how long that will take. It's not that big of deal.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:53 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Anyone who reads Naruto wants to take a bet on which one ends first? I don't really keep up with it, but from what I hear about the recent events, it seems it's heading to an end pretty soon too.

In all honesty, I've been hearing people say "oh man, Naruto must be coming to an end soon, events are really coming to a head," for the past four years.

I won't believe Naruto is anywhere close to ending until I see an official announcement.
yoshi4sushi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
well, i can't wait to for Kubo to gather everyone to fight together for the grand finale. i just thought that after this, he would continue the story of Zombie Powder. i'm gonna miss Ichigo and everyone, but i am glad that Bleach became such a great series for me to enjoy.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote
Zombie Powder was cancelled more than ten years ago, why are people still hung up on it? It's never coming back, seriously
oblivious247

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:01 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Anyone who reads Naruto wants to take a bet on which one ends first? I don't really keep up with it, but from what I hear about the recent events, it seems it's heading to an end pretty soon too.

In all honesty, I've been hearing people say "oh man, Naruto must be coming to an end soon, events are really coming to a head," for the past four years.

I won't believe Naruto is anywhere close to ending until I see an official announcement.

Well in all fairness, Naruto's pacing slowed to a near stop for a good long while when this war started. Which has been going on for how long now?
SkyDemonZoro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:58 am Reply with quote
Wow , looks like this garbage final arc is coming to its climax and hopefully after this Shonen jump can finally cancel this pile of garbage called "bleach" .
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:37 am Reply with quote
Basically, when Bleach is done, Fairy Tail will take its place in the Big 3 list.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:47 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Basically, when Bleach is done, Fairy Tail will take its place in the Big 3 list.

Basically not because Fairy Tail is not WSJ. The term Big 3 usually refers to Shonen Jump top-sellers. Besides, Bleach slipped from sales since the Fullbringer arc and has essentially been replaced by Toriko (god knows why) KuroBas and Assassination Classroom have also gotten much better sales than Bleach in the past year.

The real question is how WSJ will fill the space once both Bleach and Naruto are over -both seem to be reaching their climaxes soon-. Having two big names ending so close to each other -which is what I imagine will happen- may put the magazine in trouble unless they find other big hits soon.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:33 am Reply with quote
Crazy to think Bleach and Naruto could be ending within the next year or so.
I think WSJ will be in major trouble unless suitable replacements rise up before then.
Toriko is no where near good enough to keep them going. It's a support act in all truth.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:37 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Crazy to think Bleach and Naruto could be ending within the next year or so.
I think WSJ will be in major trouble unless suitable replacements rise up before then.
Toriko is no where near good enough to keep them going. It's a support act in all truth.

Personally, I agree that Toriko is pretty...lack-luster when compared to them. But the Japanese fans love Toriko so that will serve as a replacement for one of the manga at least >.< Plus the also have assassination classroom going amazingly well at the moment so I don't think they're gonna be in that much trouble.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 am Reply with quote
YES! YEEEEES!! Finally, this is going to end!
Ever since the Karakura town arc, following this series has been like listening to a drowning moose!
It has just been increasingly abysmal for years now!

Sure, this arc will probably be dragged out forever, but finally it is about to be laid to rest.
I actually used to consider this to be one of my favorite series in the past. It's been painful to watch this decline, but soon it will finally be over...
And then may Kubo never enter the manga business again. Have him go design clothes or something.
barrelroller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Basically not because Fairy Tail is not WSJ. The term Big 3 usually refers to Shonen Jump top-sellers. Besides, Bleach slipped from sales since the Fullbringer arc and has essentially been replaced by Toriko (god knows why) KuroBas and Assassination Classroom have also gotten much better sales than Bleach in the past year.

The real question is how WSJ will fill the space once both Bleach and Naruto are over -both seem to be reaching their climaxes soon-. Having two big names ending so close to each other -which is what I imagine will happen- may put the magazine in trouble unless they find other big hits soon.

Yeah, I was wondering why Toriko took Bleach's spot in "the big 3". I admit Bleach isn't the best manga, but just looking at Toriko just makes me think it's a mediocre series. I can't say much, but it's very hard to see where the appeal in that series came from.

Moving onto Bleach, I hope that he'll wrap up this arc within the next couple of months. We already know that Bleach tanked badly because of the ridiculously long Arrancar arc and apparently the fullbringer arc didn't help it much either (I actually loved it because Ichigo always liked overusing his powers -- bankai, the mask, etc.).

This arc has been pretty darn good so far. Everything is at a quicker pace and a lot of the manga's biggest mysteries are being answered one after another. I think a few are questioning on if it's going too fast, but eh, the faster the better in my opinion. Besides, if/when the final arc get's an anime adaption, they will without a doubt "fill in" the scenes that went quickly.

BrainBlow wrote:
YES! YEEEEES!! Finally, this is going to end!
Ever since the Karakura town arc, following this series has been like listening to a drowning moose!
It has just been increasingly abysmal for years now!

Sure, this arc will probably be dragged out forever, but finally it is about to be laid to rest.
I actually used to consider this to be one of my favorite series in the past. It's been painful to watch this decline, but soon it will finally be over...
And then may Kubo never enter the manga business again. Have him go design clothes or something.

LOL! I admit I have to agree with all of this. I can't even think if Kubo can make another hit manga after Bleach. I love Kubo's art style but I have no idea what he'll make to try and top off Bleach. He did always did put the Bleach cast in an interesting wardrobe so let's help he'll disappear in the clothing industry, lol.

The think the remaining Bleach readers are just like me. We've read/watched it so long that we that we just need a sense of closure.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
It doesn't make sense. According to Kubo this arc is supposed to last longer than the entire Arrancar arc. And yet he's already up to the final battle. So was he just lying at the time or has his editor since given him the hurry-up due to declining sales?

Stop and consider how long the "battle" with Aizen took. First they had to deal with the fraccion of the top 3 espada, then they had to deal with the top three espada, then they had to deal with Aizen, Gin, and Tousen. Aizen left for Karakura Town at the end of volume 35. The arc didn't end until volume 48.

Expect this "final battle" to be around that long.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote
^
In your race to respond, you must have missed my other post which dealt with this issue.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
In your race to respond, you must have missed my other post which dealt with this issue.

I did not miss them. I just found that vague "they never said how long it would be" did not adequately deal with the issue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4