• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Has anyone seen Sonic X ??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akira101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I want to know if this series is good.. there is this other forum that has this series for trade. Please... any knowledge of this title is well appreciated.
thank you. Question Question Question Question
Cassandra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first episode on the FoxBox last Saturday morning and it wasn't too bad.

But it makes me wonder exactly what that "trade" is for. I think only the first two volumes of the R2 DVD are available.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Akira101 wrote:
I want to know if this series is good.. there is this other forum that has this series for trade. Please... any knowledge of this title is well appreciated.
thank you. Question Question Question Question

Just wait and watch it on Foxbox. Like Cassandra said, legal japanese copies aren't going to get you far (and there wont be a bit of english on them) and fansubs should be long gone. Don't go the illegal rout and buy bootlegs, they just aren't worth it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vash94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:32 pm Reply with quote
personally for people like me will love it it combines to of my favorites Sonic and ANIME thought the little air-time knuckles got sucked but all in all it's gonna be great.
Eva-01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:48 pm Reply with quote
DUDE, SONIC X Rocks!!! i love sonic! its my fav thing next to evangelion. the first episode is funny, the other ones are better, and i didn't find that out by buying bootlegs. i went to
Sonic-anime.net and found out there. Mr. Green
Fronzel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was pretty uninteresting, myself. That kid has the potential to be a real pain in the...neck. Bloody sidekicks...

I downloaded an episode or two back in its brief fansub days, and I thought the theme was pretty good, but Fox changed it to some crappy generic punk rock or something. Blech.
Rudoku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:40 am Reply with quote
vash94 wrote:
personally for people like me will love it it combines to of my favorites Sonic and ANIME thought the little air-time knuckles got sucked but all in all it's gonna be great.

Wait until episode 3, then 5. You'll get your Knuckles. I didn't care for the dub's generic "4kids" music that's used in TMNT and "Kirby", or Eggman's voice(I really wish they could've got the VA for Sonic Adventure 2.)
evilpirotess
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I saw it it was cool but im a huge sonic fan so i like anything that has to do with sonic. Anyway anyone know when shadow will appear in the show?
vash94

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:27 pm Reply with quote
he show up soon since they already showed that bat bitch. I just hope he does'nt frame sonic like in the game also where in gods name is Sally.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:30 pm Reply with quote
SONIC X is cool!!! I like the way they it turned out how the characters have that facial expression that tells you its going to be good. WE will see good things from this anime. FOX BOX is catching up to WB!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Goshin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the show yet but is Jaleel White still playing the english voice for sonic as the other previous sonic cartoons?
You know Steve Urkel?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:03 pm Reply with quote
goshin23 wrote:
I haven't seen the show yet but is Jaleel White still playing the english voice for sonic as the other previous sonic cartoons?
You know Steve Urkel?

Nope. It's....umm.....Ed Paul, I think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Goshin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:14 am Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
goshin23 wrote:
You know Steve Urkel?

Nope. It's....umm.....Ed Paul, I think?

thanks for the info,I think I'll check it out this weekend then. I just didn't like hearing Urkel's voice.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:16 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
SONIC X is cool!!! I like the way they it turned out how the characters have that facial expression that tells you its going to be good. WE will see good things from this anime. FOX BOX is catching up to WB!!!!!!

Uhm.

No.

KidsWB has (on average) ratings 2-3 times those of FoxBox. When the weakest KidsWB cartoon stil outperforms some of the strongest FoxBox entries, there's little reason to believe that, ratings-wise, it's going to get better.

Admittedly, Ultraman Tiga was a complete and utter failure. Fighting Foodons (which was supposed to be a throwaway slot) was the highest rated show on the block, IIRC. This year's lineup is a lot better, with TMNT, Sonic and Shaman King. Whether anything happens BECAUSE of it remains to be seen.

As for me, I just wanna get Mon Colle Knights on DVD. :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1