• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon dvds

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The archiver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:47 am Reply with quote
i know there has to be a digimon topic some where on this site about this but does anyone know why america doesn't have season 2 and up i mean the best i found is someone who tapes all anime shows as they play like moster ranchers and digimon ect.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I think it probably has to do with a lack of demand for them when Digimon was big in North America...and now there's the fact that you won't see too many DVDs if you don't have both a dub and a sub.
sandy_taty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
MAn! now you are bringing memories. I remembered watched the first movie of DIgimon, in theater. All I know of digimon, they are still the champion!!!! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
The archiver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
i know i went to search to buy all out at this time to bad all thats out is season 1 and i like season 2- 3 best well after a nite of searching i found this. who ever owns digimon rights should make the american version already!

i love calumon Surprised
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
There is an American version, it just isn't available on DVD. The only Digimon DVDs that exist in the US are the movie and the first 13 episodes (the movie is probably still available but the DVD has been deleted, twice.)
VHSs were released for a few episodes of the first three seasons both in the US and the UK, and a company started releasing DVD for season one in the UK also, with plans to continue on past episode 13. I don't know what became of them as I only ever found the first disc, although there is a triple disc set "due for release" at some point, from somebody.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
i heard that the season's will be out in box set's when they bring digimon savers to america but that is just a rumor i just hope they release digomon movie's 4-7 on dvd soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The archiver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote
i dont suppose you have a date for the digimon saves. if its soon ill hold off buying the taped versions
The archiver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:20 am Reply with quote
who owns digimon movie rights currently(sry my last post resubmitted itself)
hikaru393

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:09 am Reply with quote
i heard bandai is going to try to re launch the digimon series in 2007 with releasing savers and right now i think disney owns the movie rights and series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scrfk899

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
diginom is that anime still playing new epesidoes??
The archiver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote
the only new episodes sinse season 4 has been in japan that i know of. (man i wish i understood all languages that would be the closest one could get to having super-powers)

Last edited by The archiver on Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
hikaru393

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote
right now there are new eps in japan for the 5th season called digimon savers but it hasent been brought to america yet.
The archiver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:45 pm Reply with quote
whats it about i heard its something like a digimon task force or something and something about dats
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote
DATS are the good guys in Digimon Savers (or at least, they were good when I last saw an episode but these things are not set in stone..)
Disney has the rights to the Toei Digimon anime in the US (this doesn't include the Bandai CG movie)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
yeah DATS are the good guy's it mean digital acident tatics squad and right now the bad guy is mercumon an olympion god digimon and a digimon savers movie comes out dec 9th in japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2