• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Anime's 2nd Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
Too much delicious cake, cannot handle it all...

This show looks badass as fudge, definitely on my to-watch list.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, I thought that staff resembled Sakura's magic staff as well from CCS. Anyways, looking forward to this cute series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sailorsarah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
This looks really fun. I'm excited for it. I guess the magical staffs talk like in nanoha as well.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
which are part of what makes up the manga.

Nope. The ero-yuri with loli characters is just a fanservice for homunculus lovers. Priya more loved by the fans for the good use of original material from Nasuverse (not only Hollow/Attaraxia) and epic battles. Yes, EPIC BATTLES.

Although I would be interested, how far they are willing to go, given that the author takes the story further and further into the grimdark and dark plot - it seems like analogy with Fate S/N: first series like a Fate route, Zwei! is like a UBW, and Drei! is going to Heaven's Feel route of Prisma Illya. And that what's disturb and in a same moment attracts me.
kotelocl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Exactly how are they parodying Sakura? Just stealing from CLAMP's aesthetic isn't parody.

The whole magical girl stuff in hollow ataraxia was a big joke to Rin to begin with. But looks like this is way too serious business for you to handle.

sailorsarah wrote:
This looks really fun. I'm excited for it. I guess the magical staffs talk like in nanoha as well.

Prisma Illya is like a mix between Nanoha and CCS, at least for me. But the girls here have a lot of fun. And talking about Nanoha, there's even a official manga crossover with both series.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
The title design looked like the title design for Madoka Magica
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
You say you want epic battles? Well, season 1 (of the manga) has battles versus Saber Alter and Berserker Alter.
Dark Rider and Dark Caster are cakewalks compared to those.

And season 2 doubled the epic. with spoiler[DARK GILGAMESH]
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
kotelocl wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
Exactly how are they parodying Sakura? Just stealing from CLAMP's aesthetic isn't parody.

The whole magical girl stuff in hollow ataraxia was a big joke to Rin to begin with. But looks like this is way too serious business for you to handle.

sailorsarah wrote:

Prisma Illya is like a mix between Nanoha and CCS, at least for me. But the girls here have a lot of fun. And talking about Nanoha, there's even a official manga crossover with both series.

Don't be anti-intellectual. There is a correct way to parody a specific work.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
kotelocl wrote:

Really hope they do animate the crossover. Isn't it canon as well? I can't remember. Its been a while since I've read Prism.

DmonHiro wrote:

So...a double negative? Okay. Laughing
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Don't forget about the battles with spoiler[Kuroi and Bazett. Especially Bazett.]

And third season triples the epic battles. spoiler[Battle with a girl who uses a Thor card?] spoiler[Gate of Babylon vs. Gate of Babylon?] spoiler[Ilya with three card installs in the one battle vs. Kuroi?] spoiler[And that's only in first ten chapters!]
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

The first boxset shown at the end of the video looks great... I'll more than likely make this one of my imports for Summer season. Fate + Magical Girls will be too much for me to handle!

This series is starting to feel a lot like the Sasami : Magical Girls TV series that Funi licensed a while back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2