• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Free! Swimming Anime Unveils 2 Female Characters, New Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
My point is that your entire reasoning for Nichijou being a bad show is "I don't like the humor".

That's not a reason for it being a bad show, it's just a reason for YOU not liking the show.

Lets not get into that debate since we all know it would totally derail this topic and go on for hundreds of posts.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Honestly Ryan, you saying you don't want to derail the topic when you're the first to post about how offended otaku are and how KyoAni betrayed them and forgot about them yadda yadda is laughable.

I hope the female characters are actually interesting, and I hope the imouto doesn't hook up with anyone or my BL fantasy will be ruined. But overall I don't get why having or not having girls in the show is that big of a deal anyway
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Honestly Ryan, you saying you don't want to derail the topic when you're the first to post about how offended otaku are and how KyoAni betrayed them and forgot about them yadda yadda is laughable.

I hope the female characters are actually interesting, and I hope the imouto doesn't hook up with anyone or my BL fantasy will be ruined. But overall I don't get why having or not having girls in the show is that big of a deal anyway

I was answering a question someone had. If anything, they were the one that derailed it by asking why otaku were upset about it
scarletmoonwish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:16 pm Reply with quote
From the comments I think I understand the situation now.

I'm a big fan of Clannad, FMP, and enjoyed Season one of K-ON! they was well written shows and do deserved the praises it gets, but I haven't watched anything pass 2009 from them it doesn't interest me, So I do agree that the quality of writing have gone own a bit.

But don't you think since sales haven't been good that lately that Kyoto is trying to change the market a bit to see if they can pull more money else where since their latest "male" oriented otaku shows are not doing so well.

I'm a business major and just trying to look at the situation at a different stand part, but I do understand some people outrage for the shows. The money being put on this new anime can be put somewhere else like that next installment of FMP.

Either way or go I don't get involve too much with fandom, it just be another guilty pleasure show for me like Uta no Prince Sama, (I come for the hot guys but stay for the music)

Last edited by scarletmoonwish on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

I hope they all have dun dun duuuuun – girlfriends, in healthy relationships.

But that's about as likely as cute girl shows where they have boyfriends.
NefariousPlatypus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I hope the show doesn't cop-out on the male-heavy fan-service. I know that between this and Flowers of Evil, some Moe fans are completely getting their tits-tied-in-a-knot, but having more variety will only make things better.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

I hope they all have dun dun duuuuun – girlfriends, in healthy relationships.

But that's about as likely as cute girl shows where they have boyfriends.

And I hope they all have boyfriends in healthy relationships. But that's not going to happen, since, as I learned recently, Mamoru Miyano is apparently not allowed to do BL anime
SiLVER820

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
scarletmoonwish wrote:

I'm a business major and just trying to look at the situation at a different stand part, but I do understand some people outrage for the shows. The money being put on this new anime can be put somewhere else like that next installment of FMP

Kadokawa decides if more FMP or Haruhi gets made, I believe.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
NefariousPlatypus wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

And I hope they all have boyfriends in healthy relationships. But that's not going to happen, since, as I learned recently, Mamoru Miyano is apparently not allowed to do BL anime

...Is that a stipulation from his agent or something?

Apparently, it is. AFAIK, his agency doesn't allow him to do BL. Which is the saddest thing I've heard in my life
NefariousPlatypus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
scarletmoonwish wrote:

I'm a business major and just trying to look at the situation at a different stand part, but I do understand some people outrage for the shows. The money being put on this new anime can be put somewhere else like that next installment of FMP.

People can't expect a company that they're not in charge of to use-up their resources according to how some fans see fit though. Anime fans that don't enjoy moe have been dealing with this for practically a decade now. Whatever demographic someone's a part of, (regardless how big or predominantly catered to it might be) they're never the only one out there.

CrowLia wrote:

Apparently, it is. AFAIK, his agency doesn't allow him to do BL. Which is the saddest thing I've heard in my life

Huh. Is BL considered taboo in anime fandoms in Japan? It just seems odd for an agency to turn down work.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Female characters in a show aimed at females? What blasphemy is this?
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I hope that the teacher lady is as funny and lovable as her K-ON equivalent, Sawako!

Quote:
Female characters in a show aimed at females? What blasphemy is this?

Well, shows like Hetalia and Black Butler have plenty of girl characters, so it's not THAT weird. I betcha that these two ladies will be backup characters (maybe the team manager and faculty advisor?) who are there so that the audience has somebody to project onto. Moe shows for boys certainly have characters like that!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Moe shows for boys certainly have characters like that!

No, you just pretend you're the little girl.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
@ Blood-. Ika Musume was hilarious. I guess those tentacular puns didn't kraken you up, huh? I was as happy as a squid in a shrimp bed. And Nyaruko was my favorite comedy last year, and it's only second to HenNeko for laughs this season.

I'd hate to think what of the dilemma you'd be in if NIS America ever licensed Milky Holmes or Nyaruko.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Myaow wrote:
Moe shows for boys certainly have characters like that!

No, you just pretend you're the little girl.

I only thought /a/ did that.. i could be wrong of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7