• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Just finished watching Shadow Star Narutaru...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote
There might be some quasi spoilers in here, read at your own risk.

It turned out to be something I was not expecting at all. The last disk spun off totally from what I considered the main story to that point. The ending was pretty lame, and they never tell you what happened to those psycho kids that controlled the Dragon's Children. Leaving things that open is really lame, I wonder if they were planning to make more but they stopped because of the disturbing stuff that occurred. I read on a previous post that this was aired on a kids station. Maybe some parents saw it and freaked out. Does the manga go further with the story ? Not that I can get ahold of it anyways, heh.spoiler[ Was her friend Hiro dead or what ? I wonder who called out to her at the end. and why was shina so special ?] Darn anime and lame endings like that, so much unresolved.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Manga continue? Yes, 95% sure.

It's not such a bad ending as it is just like many other anime and what the endings really mean, "go buy and read the manga".

Yeah, when I first watched this, I read that it was shown on a kid's station as well. Sure, maybe the first episode. Maybe even a couple after that. But...the ending...good god, heh.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Yes, the manga continues. It was being released, but I think it is on hiatus (canceled until further notice) now. And it was edited because it contained underage nudity and was much more violent than they initially expected or something.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Yes, the manga continues. It was being released, but I think it is on hiatus (canceled until further notice) now.

You mean the US / North American releases, right? I was pretty sure that the French licensor freaked out after seeing the Japanese version of volume 6.
"Think globally" -- from an owner of all 12 volumes of Narutaru manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:44 am Reply with quote
Vortextk wrote:
It's not such a bad ending as it is just like many other anime and what the endings really mean, "go buy and read the manga".

Haha no kidding, thats what I am going to have to do with Tenjho tenge, or so I have read.

Also, I can't blame people for freaking out, not when near the end of the anime spoiler[ 2 of the main characters kill their parents, and all that strange torture that the bratty girl students did to hiro, and then what she did for revenge. Pretty disturbing stuff.]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Yes, the manga continues. It was being released, but I think it is on hiatus (canceled until further notice) now.

You mean the US / North American releases, right? I was pretty sure that the French licensor freaked out after seeing the Japanese version of volume 6.
"Think globally" -- from an owner of all 12 volumes of Narutaru manga.

Yes, I was talking about the U.S. release, sorry for not being more specific.
Pleroma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote
Its really a shame that DH dropped the ball with all the censoring and eventual dropping of the manga. Not to mention that as far as I know it was never released in standalone volumes over here.

From all I have heard it gets a hell of a lot more messed up than the anime ever does, such a shame, could have easily been the most disturbing anime ever if they had followed through with the whole story.
Swissman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
The ending was pretty lame, and they never tell you what happened to those psycho kids that controlled the Dragon's Children.

Read the manga. What you describe is happening in volume 6 and there's six more volumes full of story.

Quote:
I read on a previous post that this was aired on a kids station. Maybe some parents saw it and freaked out.

No, no, it not connected with protest from parents. The channel name Kids Station is just that, a name. It doesn't imply that the running programs are only meant for children. The station airs all kind of anime, from rerun of old classics like Ranma to more violent stuff like Real Bout Highschool.

Naru Taru probably finished like that in order to pursue viewers to buy the manga. I don't think they will ever animate a second season because the producers behind this show, Groove Corp., went bankrupt shortly after.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1