• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Parts 1 + 2] (TV) [Phantom Blood + Battle Tendency].

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
Yowzah! Good news indeed. My joy at hearing the official announcement for Part 3 will be matched by my joy at hearing the official announcement for the JBA R1 BD release.

At the beginning of the year, I managed to come across a complete set of JBA OVA in an art box for a decent price. I hear it's not very good, so I'm holding off watching it until Part 3 comes out. I want to see the material done properly before I watch the screwed up version of it.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Divineking wrote:
It was nice to see a glimpse of him as an old man, even though he seems to be kind of racist now.

No, I don't think he was being racist. It was just kind of a gag about how he spoiler[dislikes anything that reminds him of Japan because now his daughter is so far away from him (because she married a Japanese guy).] I loved his comment, spoiler["But I do love my Walkman!"]
spoiler[it's kind of wierd, because they seem to forget the gag when part 4 comes around and its revealed he had a bastard son with a Japanese women]
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote
DexteraXII wrote:
I freaking lost it when Sono Chi no Sadame came on, that was amazing. These guys sure did right by JoJo, couldn't have been a better adaptation.

Well, the animation could've been better and PB wasn't as good as BT (can't be helped, of course), but otherwise this show was thoroughly Excellent. Everyone involved clearly had tremendous fun working on it and it really showed.

Hah, they even kept the stupid plothole (spoiler[Dio's two coffins]) in the teaser! That HAD to be deliberate.
DemonThirdEye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:29 am Reply with quote
I just watched episode 25 and when I went to watch 26 there seems to be a hole in the plot

spoiler[At the end of 25 Cars transforms because of the UV light when I start episode 26 Cars is melting in Lava did I miss something or is the episode numbered wrong?] Theres nothing like going to watch a conclusion to something and suddenly things are spoiled right at the beginning spoiler[I mean why is there Lava how did cars get there? what is going on]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:32 am Reply with quote
@DemonThirdEye - it sounds like you watched episode 24 and then skipped to episode 26, without seeing 25. If you had seen 25, you'd know why Cars was in lava at the beginning of 26. It's not your fault. I know some fansub streaming sites had mistakenly titled episode 24 as 25. Look around, you should be able to find the real episode 25.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
Aaronrules380 wrote:
spoiler[it's kind of wierd, because they seem to forget the gag when part 4 comes around and its revealed he had a bastard son with a Japanese women]

Whaaaaaat?! Joseph Joestar, how could you spoiler[cheat on Suzy Q] like that???! Shame on you!!! Sad
DemonThirdEye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@DemonThirdEye - it sounds like you watched episode 24 and then skipped to episode 26, without seeing 25. If you had seen 25, you'd know why Cars was in lava at the beginning of 26. It's not your fault. I know some fansub streaming sites had mistakenly titled episode 24 as 25. Look around, you should be able to find the real episode 25.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
So have you found episode 25 yet?
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
This was one of the most ridiculous anime I ever watched, though in a good way. It was so over the top, but I could not wish anything different, because it was so funny. I gave "Excellent" mark to this project.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I've always been a Jojo fan (The old D'Arby episode was the first I'd ever seen. Back when it was new) and this one did not disappoint one bit. It's an absolute purchase for me the moment I can. It's so yag and ridiculous but still so awesome.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I've been watching "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" for a while now,ever since it started on the Adult Swim's version of Toonami and from what I've seen so far,it's pretty good. The first part was well done. The British accents were handled well. Viz should be proud of itself for that. If there are any quibbles I have with the show,it's the closing credits. They left the Japanese stuff in instead of doing English credits. They may have had English credits after the Japanese credits but why? They've had English language credits done in other anime they've brought here. What's up with that? I think it's a bad move on the part of Viz to do this but it's a minor thing. Overall,it's a good show that's worth watching.
On a personal note,I read somewhere that someone said of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" was an over-the-top show. When I read that statement,I thought "It's a shame they couldn't have gotten Tim Curry for this show." I mean,he'd be perfect for this show. He's a pretty good actor who can go over-the-top with some of his performances. I think that this show and him would be a perfect match. Although he's played villains for most of his career,I think he's still a good actor.

For Tim Curry,an over-the-top,scene chewing performance isn't enough. He has to go over-the-top,then go over-the-top again just to show that his character means business. Granted,a lot of his roles demanded it,but he's also a pretty good actor nonetheless. He is capable of restraining himself,as he did in a "Poirot" episode I once saw. But,I also think that "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" would also suit his over-the-top style well. I hope they cast him in a role soon. He'd fit in there very well. Very well,indeed.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:24 pm Reply with quote
A few years ago,I had a post in the forums called "Fictional Immigrants to the United States in anime." It was about anime characters who emigrated to the United States of America. I got the idea for this post from a Wikipedia category. Sadly for me,it didn't last too long and I've been hoping one day to repost it. Although I admit that those types of characters are rare in anime,it's fascinating to see an outsider's take on stuff like this.
What I'm wondering,is Robert E.O. Speedwagon of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" one of those characters? When I first saw the guy in the first part of the series,he was a poor man in Britain. By the time of the second part of the series,he's a millionaire. I was wondering if he was one of those rare characters that I hoped to do,but never really got the chance to explore. What do you guys think? Is Speedwagon one of those characters or not? I hope you guys can help me figure it out. Question
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:29 am Reply with quote
After watching all those seasons of this anime, I have to say that the author is, not doubt, manga genius along with creators of Hunter x Hunter and Naruto in terms of how wicked smart somethings are conceived.

Also, the style of this JoJo project is so outrageously ridiculous both visually and in terms of story, that it is breathtakingly amazing.

In terms of story the latest part of the manga that was animated -- Diamond is Unbreakable offers viewers to sympatheticise with character cast almost all of which consists of maniacal murderous sociopaths that did not end up killing main protagonists only by chance and then just changed their minds for the time being about their easy-going attitude towards giving torturous sadistical deaths to the people they have slightest disagreements with.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 pm Reply with quote
A bit too much posing for me, but the story lines are good and sometimes quite humorous.

I liked in an earlier set when JoJo called the Italian (can't remember his name) a "mozzarella cheeseball" and nearly got spiked by some linguine as a reply.

Then there's the girl in the Diamonds series, Yukato? who is just over the top.

Overall. it's fun to watch on toonami, but I'm not inclined yo buy the sets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13