• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime's TV Run to End on March 30

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:30 am Reply with quote
uhm...it might be just me,but i'm thinking that kodansha's shounen magazine is going to pull a similiar move like the recent shounen sunday anime announcements!
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:32 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
and the DVD sales are atrocious vol 36 sold 437 copies (http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=111958&page=20) then vanished forever.

DVD sales don't matter for kids shows.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
Been watching it since it began so it stopping will be a big change to my weekly viewing, that was almost 171 weeks of watching once a week, well minus how I had no internet lately.

At least the promise of waiting for good news sounds good, I really would have expected them to have taken a break before now, nothing wrong with letting the manga get ahead. I don't want to see the jiggle butt gang in another filler. Please don't let it be a jiggle butt spin-off.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 am Reply with quote
Sadness. I've been watching faithfully every week since the show preemed in the fall of 2009. Very much hoping it will be back after a short break.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:53 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Been watching it since it began so it stopping will be a big change to my weekly viewing, that was almost 171 weeks of watching once a week, well minus how I had no internet lately.

At least the promise of waiting for good news sounds good, I really would have expected them to have taken a break before now, nothing wrong with letting the manga get ahead. I don't want to see the jiggle butt gang in another filler. Please don't let it be a jiggle butt spin-off.

You HAD to bring up the jiggle butt bozos, didn't you? I'm still WAY behind on watching it. This is one of the few I will watch in Japanese audio because you can't get anything past volume 48 in English. I just hope more English ones get published.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 am Reply with quote
Well that's certainly a lousy way to start the day. I can only hope that the good news is that this is only temporary. I guess we'll see when more information becomes available.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote
well there goes another long-run anime?

hmm wonder if plan to um

1.bring back rave master anime either reboot it all to full true end or continue left off more eps?

2.crossover project rave master meet fairy tail cue ONORE DECADE on it.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Ushio wrote:
and the DVD sales are atrocious vol 36 sold 437 copies (http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=111958&page=20) then vanished forever.

DVD sales don't matter for kids shows.

Exactly.
Shows like this tend to rely more on merchandise sales.
Even One Piece struggles to sell many DVDs for the TV series.
It is after all a big commitment to make paying silly money for 4 episodes per DVD for a show over 100 episodes long.

Hopefully the show does return, as they aren't exactly setting it up for a possible ending like shows like D.Gray-man did.
Either way, if Bleach ends up returning soon then it might take the sting out of the news for me anyway.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
YES! best news of the day Very Happy

Fairy Tail's TV ratings have sucked worse than Bleach's so this was only a matter of time and the DVD sales are atrocious vol 36 sold 437 copies (http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=111958&page=20) then vanished forever.

Now to hope the better news is for the manga to end Cool

Why do you want this manga and anime to end so badly? If you don't like it then don't follow it.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail anime just pulled Bleach anime. They will return. No need to worry.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
To be honest I was surprised it lasted this long with its terrible ratings.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:16 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:

Fairy Tail's TV ratings have sucked worse than Bleach's so this was only a matter of time and the DVD sales are atrocious vol 36 sold 437 copies (http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=111958&page=20) then vanished forever.

Not particularly fond of Fairy Tail, but the manga is the only one that seems to carry it's weight currently in Weekly Shonen Magazine. It also charts pretty well as far as manga sales go, I don't see the manga's run being ended prematurely.

We oughta see some Dragon Slaying before it ends too. >_>
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:

Ratings=/=popularity. If that meant anything, Gundam ZZ would be more popular than Gundam SEED.
Grinpatch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
Asmuch as I like you guys looking at the positive side I doubt Fairy Tail will return, I'm sad but at the same time I'm happy, I never really got into Fairy Tail (well I started watching it again a few months ago after quitting it once Mystogan left) I do admit I definitly am going to miss its soundtracks, animation and quality, even my alarm on my phone is a Fairy Tail soundtrack so I'm pretty sad that this is going to happen...
However I see alot of people claiming that Bleach will return now taking Fairy Tail's spot, this actually makes me happy...

I never enjoyed the Fairy Tail manga, the anime is so much better in my opinion, the soundtracks are simply epic and so is the quality and the animation of Fairy Tail aswell (in my opinion).
Mystogan leaving already made me sad enough, now the whole anime leaves... and I just gave it a second chance...

I really don't know how to feel about this honestly...
thcozard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
Not surprising this happened, the anime had very low ratings, it's a miracle it survived this long.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11