• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recommendations with character, action, and romance.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOL

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:04 am Reply with quote
I'm in the mood for an anime that is very character driven but also has some action in it. I wouldn't mind a little bit of romance thrown in for good measure aswell.

I really enjoyed series like Scrapped Princess, Last Exile, Witch Hunter Robin, X and Samurai 7 if that gives you any indication of what I might like.

[EDIT: Since you can't do it yourself, I adjusted the title for you. -TK]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:19 am Reply with quote
If you're going to be really broad about this, then use this thead. Otherwise, add more details and change the title of your topic to be more specific. "Character driven" with "action" and "romance" can be any number of titles.
GOL

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
If you're going to be really broad about this, then use this thead. Otherwise, add more details and change the title of your topic to be more specific. "Character driven" with "action" and "romance" can be any number of titles.

I made a point of stating other anime's I had enjoyed in order to narrow the question.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote
GOL wrote:
I made a point of stating other anime's I had enjoyed in order to narrow the question.

Well like I said, try to be more specific. Is there a particular aspect you're looking for in these characters? Do you want them to have some kind of subtle, romantic relationship like Klauss and Lavie, something outright like Sora and Arashi, or do you just want mysterious characters like Robin?

What kind of action are you looking for; mecha/military, science fiction, shounen/martial arts, gun/sword fights, magic/supernatural?

If you narrow the little things down even more, maybe people can get a better idea of what you really like and compare it to something they've already seen and know of very well.
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Ok lets try one try watching Escaflowne it has mecha romance and sword fighting in it. I think you might like it Confused but as tony k said bit hard to recomend with not much clue. Anyhow check it out might be right up your street who knows.

good luck

space
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eric-jan

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote
ok, well there's a lot of action in it. and some romance + loads of different characters.. prolly fits your description perfectly, but its a bit "harder" than the animes you named.. give it a try: Basilisk
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote
From the information that you have give, I'd say that any title from the top 50 that has action would fit your needs.

More specifically, I'll recommend you Bleach since you really cant go wrong with it.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Fate/Stay Night may be worth a shot. It is extremely character driven and packs a few fairly nice fight scenes. You can definitely tell where all the budget went. Problem with this series for some people is that they consider the show a tad slow for the first 10 episodes. I personally did not have a problem with the lack of major action.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1