• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Last nights (may 6) new episodes on [as] and Toonami

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
People who did not see last nights episodes and are interested, beware spoilers

What are your thoughts on last nights Naruto, Eureka 7, GitS SOC 2nd Gig. Especially interested in people these are in fact new to(like me), but anyone can post of course. Please be careful about not giving away things that happen after these episodes.

My take for now, Sakura the ankle biter(I know it was the wrists but ankle sounds better) finally shows how smart and good she is by allowing herself to be stabbed and then repeatably pummeled in the face. No seriously when she cut her hair that look she gave, gave me shivers down my spine. Eureka 7, was cool because some of the crew personalities were fleshed out(pun intended). GitS I was half asleep(really tired last night for some reason)so I the people who post here will help jog my memory.

What did you think?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
goins007

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
naruto was pretty good it was good to FINALLY see Sakura step up and do what she needed. My only wish was they had drawn out her fight scene a little longer. Did we really need all those flashbacks? Eureka Seven was pretty good, I was kinda wondering how they'd voice the other people on the ship. Some of them I don't think match up to well, but whatever I'll get used to it. GiTS was pretty good, it's nice to see howevery thing is reaching a critical point and how everyone is marching to the beat of ol scar heads drum...
patch

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Eureka 7 was a little off the pace of the first two, but since it's a shoenen anime, I'm still waiting for that 'moment' to happen when things get real interesting.

GiTS I'm a bit behind on but have them all on DVR, and just ordered Innocence R2 so need to catch up Smile
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quote
goins007 wrote:
Did we really need all those flashbacks?
Well, since Sakura is the only one in the team that had a decent childhood, so yeah. Besides, it's more for showing the releatship between Ino and Sakura. Between all the fighting and killing, they are trying to put a story in there.

Is it me or is Viz letting up on removing blood?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Is it me or is Viz letting up on removing blood?
To me it seems they are, either that or the fights are just getting more blows landed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've only been watching Eureka 7 because I need to catch up on the others. Eureka 7 is my favorite new anime at the moment. I loved this episode; I thought I missed the part about if they said the kids were hers or not but it was at the very end. Not that much action in this one but it was still really entertaining, and I absolutely love the music. Can't get enough of this series, I'm definitely buying the dvd's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:45 am Reply with quote
I specifically tuned in that night to check out Eureka 7 and see if it would live up to the hype as well as Vol. 1 of the manga. I did not see Naruto, and I don't remember all of the GitS episode, but I'll still go on.
First, in checking out Eureka 7, I came accross vol. 1 of the manga Saturday afternoon while bored as hell and decided to just check it out for kicks. Well, I ended up reading the entire volume right then and there (not meaning too), so I then made it a point to check out the series. I wasn't dissappointed by that episode, I may start collecting the DVDs, despite a few personal negatives. 1. I'm not a mecha fan, however, mechs aren't an automatic barr for me, and Eureka 7 seems different thus far, so who knows. And 2. I tend to not be able to get into series' that are too long (used to 13-26 ep. series'), but this looks like it could keep my interest for the 50 episodes it has. I thought the animation was up to parr, the characters matched the manga from what I've read, and I did not feel like I stayed up til 3am for nothing (I missed the 12am showing). I'm going to keep an open eye and mind on this one.
Ghost in the Shell episode: Honestly, season 1, or whatever season they're showing On Demand currently has not interested me very much, however, the episode Saturday night/morning (from what I saw) looked pretty dark and interesting. If I'm not mistaken, there's some type of rebellion or uprising going on? Anyways, it caught my interest and almost made me wish I had seen the series up until then. I believe that episode was in the second season, right? Based on anything I may learn/see about it from here on out, I just may check out the entire thing.
That is about all I can say, so there you go...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1