• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nvidia Unveils Android-Based Handheld Game System

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote
More for hardcore PC gamers or game-app players..................?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

who cares I can finally play h-games on the go >_>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
The article states that Nvidia posted a real-time tech demo but the only thing I see is an awful 'trailer' of sorts. Can somebody point me to where this was actually demonstrated?

Also, enurtsol, 'hardcore' PC gamers wouldn't be caught dead using a controller. I can only imagine this being for that crowd that has a PC with some games (likes Guild Wars 2 or D3) but typically plays consoles.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
OK, from seeing this article, ANN is leaning more closer to becoming the next Kotaku. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
OK, from seeing this article, ANN is leaning more closer to becoming the next Kotaku. Very Happy

It's pretty much the nature of articles labeled as "interest" articles. They're not really news or even specific to anime, but may be of interest to the fandom one way or another.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
corinthian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

Even though they use the current Kotaku as a source for this very article? Laughing
RoverTX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I wish ANN would cover video games more. The X-Button and other ANN video game coverage is one of the only places I get video game news now days along with RPGFan website.

It seems like almost all the video game sites now days are either clearly payed off or so damn self righteous and preachy (either about how all video games are art, or how much 'JAPAN SUCK US RULEZ') that its not worth even looking at them.

In short, more of this is fine with me!
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't that interested in this until it said it can stream PC games. Then I got interested--I've been needing to get a controller for my PC anyway, and it'd be nice to be able to play my PC games without being up in my room away from the rest of my family.

Megiddo wrote:
Also, enurtsol, 'hardcore' PC gamers wouldn't be caught dead using a controller. I can only imagine this being for that crowd that has a PC with some games (likes Guild Wars 2 or D3) but typically plays consoles.

Really? Sure, there's some genres that work better with KB + mouse (like FPS) but there's plenty that REALLY need a controller (like platformers) so my preference is having both options. Heck, I was on a video game forum where mostly PC gamers hang out and saw someone asking if Dark Souls worked well with a keyboard and mouse, and most of the responses were "Just get a controller, idiot."

mdo7 wrote:

Heh, I hope not. I've gotten the impression that Kotaku generally isn't seen as having a lot of journalistic integrity. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

It's pretty much the nature of articles labeled as "interest" articles. They're not really news or even specific to anime, but may be of interest to the fandom one way or another.

Yeah I know, I'm just pointing out Kotaku because when people think of Kotaku, they think about video game until they started to report on non-video game news and yes Kotaku report on anime/manga and current events from Japan (and most of Asia). I could say the same for IGN, they supposed to report on video game but now they're doing more non-video game news like this for example.

corinthian wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Even though they use the current Kotaku as a source for this very article? Laughing

Ironically, when Kotaku write an article involving anime/manga sometime they cite ANN as a source. So it goes both way too. Laughing

MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Heh, I hope not. I've gotten the impression that Kotaku generally isn't seen as having a lot of journalistic integrity. Laughing

Well if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have found about Japan's censorhip on our game like this and Mafia 2 Japan censorship, also I wouldn't known about Japan did a serous hack job to this American game if it wasn't for Kotaku. Heck Kotaku's Brian Ashcraft write up some interesting current trend and pop culture out of Japan like this. We really need Brian Ashcraft on ANN podcast in the future, he'll be an interesting guest to give anime fans insight about Japan. Also it looks like Kotaku has gotten a Japanese native who speak English fluently, his name is Toshi Nakamura who is also writing interesting article about Japan for Kotaku like this one for example.

Kotaku had some interesting articles that other sites probably wouldn't write:

Like Kotaku revealed what real ninja were like.

Japan's likeness for pig-tails.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

They don't, it's essentially a tabloid. Take everything they say with a grain of salt.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

who cares I can finally play h-games on the go >_>

Not where you're in public view, we hope! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1