• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hayate the Combat Butler Gets New TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
To be fair, the third season ended strongly, but it looked like absolute crap the entire time, and only had enough plot for a movie. Most of the first half was absolutely atrocious.

i think most people like the first half more than the second half. This type of anime shouldn't have any serious story.

Yep, I'd agree the first half was better. It was more standard Hayate comedy. Going full story route is when the series typically suffers.

Even the first half was crap compared to the previous seasons. The humor just felt less, it felt weaker, and we still didn't have any good stuff with Tama and zero Wakamoto.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I love the manga and disliked the art style of this last season. I mean ouch. If they would just go back to season 2 art style and keep the same voices everything would be fine.

lord its not that hard really!
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
To be fair, the third season ended strongly, but it looked like absolute crap the entire time, and only had enough plot for a movie. Most of the first half was absolutely atrocious.

i think most people like the first half more than the second half. This type of anime shouldn't have any serious story.

The first half was badly animated, not funny, and had no purpose.

The second half was badly animated, sorta funny occasionally, and had a coherent plotline.

Second half wins on points.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

The manga has some serious story and its damn good.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
A-tan finally?

This please? Heaven is a Place on Earth skipped a large portion of the manga. Hopefully they will finally cover some of the stuff as well as the "cliffhanger" from the second series. I also hope it's not the same staff as the most recent TV/movie as those character designs are poor in comparison to what J.C. Staff and Synergy SP had produced
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Yes! More Hayate is never a bad thing!

I loved Can't Take My Eyes Off You, but I hope this next season will kick things back to where we left off in the second series. I missed my sarcastic narrator in the newer series :/
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
It is still a mystery to me why they dumped excellent (well, comparing to what we have now anyway) design, animation and cast from the first anime series?

Did anyone read the interviews? Why the change, really?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
It is still a mystery to me why they dumped excellent (well, comparing to what we have now anyway) design, animation and cast from the first anime series?

The cast is exactly the same.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[There's no way a 13 year-old foreign student is going to be allowed to drive a car in America, let alone a BMW into the Arazona desert, so right away the whole story premise is naff, unless of course she stole it, and anyway; a rich girl without a mobile phone with GPS? ] Yeah right. Rolling Eyes
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
spoiler[There's no way a 13 year-old foreign student is going to be allowed to drive a car in America, let alone a BMW into the Arazona desert, so right away the whole story premise is naff, unless of course she stole it, and anyway; a rich girl without a mobile phone with GPS? ] Yeah right. Rolling Eyes

Actually thats not what happened spoiler[someone else was driving]
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

spoiler[And left her there? ]Still naff. Rolling Eyes
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

You know, if you actually watched the [expletive] show this would be explained.

Of course, this entire situation revolves around spoiler[a magical watch that sucks your luck out and then turns into a sword that can exchange people's souls] makes me think you are entirely missing the point.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

You know, if you actually watched the [expletive] show this would be explained.

Of course, this entire situation revolves around spoiler[a magical watch that sucks your luck out and then turns into a sword that can exchange people's souls] makes me think you are entirely missing the point.
More like I simply can't be arsed cause I've seen enough to know I couldn't care less.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
More like I simply can't be arsed cause I've seen enough to know I couldn't care less.

Then why even bring it up?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

Then why even bring it up?
Isn't that what one does in a forum about anime? Are you also aware that this season's big pull is that the mangaka has been allowed to write the screenplay for it, and that he hasn't added it to the manga continuity, yet, if ever? spoiler[He's even added a new character to the mix. ] Japanese critics know of no other production where this has happened. It's the only note worthy part of the whole franchise for me, but still not enough to make me want to watch more of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4