• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Drool-Worthy and Dangerous Librarians

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Kinda surprised no one from Library Wars made it on the list.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

As was I.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
This list is invalid because one of my favorite characters of all time who definitely fits into this description is not in this list!

Yeah, this would have been perfect shoe in for Yomiko Readman and yet, she isn't! Why is that? She works for the British Library so that should make her technically count as a librarian.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Some of the couples are more of the "I wish they were couples" on the part of the poll maker it seems.

I actually had to do research for which canon couples to include in the poll because I haven't seen every show on the list. It wouldn't be fair of me not to include a couple just because I hadn't watched the show so I had to rely on summaries of who-ends-up-with-who in some cases, like the series you referenced in your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Given that Vivio is really a little girl, I kind of feel awkward about thinking of her as "droolworthy" (even if her adult form is "all that".) Hugworthy, on the other hand....

As for Dalian, she's disqualified from my list for being a humongous asshole. I had to stop watching that show because she treated everyone she met like shit all the time, and it kind of rankled me to watch it. There is no excuse for her behavior.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The poll is limited to main couples only, and not harem-anime alternatives (i.e. who you wish the protagonist would of ended up with) Have fun!

Err...why not secondary couples as well?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Not a bad list I guess. I should probably also give The Book of Bantorra another shot in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
On the couples poll, I have to object to Akane and Kogami from Psycho-Pass being added. spoiler[Akane burst into laughter when asked if she liked Kogami]. Imho, their relationship is almost strictly work-related, with a deep trust for each other, and more interested in each other's capabilities and in working together to catch criminals rather than with a romantic interest

Picking just one was insanely hard, there were many great choices, but ultimately I picked Lupin III and Fujiko Mine because their dynamics were fun and unique
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Toshokan Sensou includes a "drool-worthy and dangerous librarian" of both genders, the stunning Shibasaki Asako and the dashing Dōjō Atsushi. The female protagonist, Kasahara Iku, is cute, but she doesn't hold a candle to Shibasaki.

http://static.minitokyo.net/downloads/07/48/379907.jpg

(The mains are facing off in the center of the image. Shibasaki is dressed in the much more elegant uniform of an intelligence officer.)

I voted for Tomoe and Nanami in the couples poll.

Last edited by yuna49 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I would go gay for Mattalast, I'm not afraid to say it. Nice to see some love for Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, it's one of my favorites, although I will freely admit it doesn't make much sense, but is quite the ride. Also liked seeing Dantalian, another of my favorites and a rather underrated show, in my opinion. In fact, I named my new 2TB hard drive 'Dalian' in tribute, as I thought it was fitting (My other drives are named 'The True Book of Spells' and 'The Silver Crystal'. Christ, I'm a nerd.) Yomiko Readman probably should be in the list, although I believe she is actually a teacher (I might be wrong, it's been years since I watched the OVA, but doesn't she celebrate her new teaching job at the start before being whisked away to save the world?), she is close enough to a librarian she should count. I wasn't impressed at all with Library Wars, honestly, it was too, what's the word, too silly a show that took itself way too seriously, and quite frankly none of the characters was that hot it the first place.

Romance-wise, I really thought about Lupin/Fujiko but in the end went with the pair from Ano Natsu de Matteru, because they were just too cute.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Dessa wrote:

As was I.

No kidding, it's a show about an army of librarians, any one of its characters should have been number one on the list. Not fantasy enough for the list I guess. I've never even heard of the number 5 show on the list.

tcdelaney wrote:
In some cases, the couple chosen appears to be somewhat arbitrary. For example, I would argue that the main couple in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? is not Ayuma and Haruna but instead Ayumu and Eucliwood. This one definitely seems contrary to the "not choosing who you would prefer" criterium.

Yep, these two are more like siblings than any kind of couple. They're constantly fighting and not even in a tsundere way, they just like to irk each other. Ayuma's spends most of his time going for Eu and he doesn't hide that from anyone. That's saying a lot about a guy who's in a weird ritualistic marriage with another girl.

Emerje
HockeyKamen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Hamyuts Meseta (Book of Bantorra) didn't make the list. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
rheiders

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
There were other couples on the list that I like, but I went with Tomoe and Nanami from Kamisama Kiss. They're adorable! Anime hyper~<3
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I like this list. Here's another big Yomiko Readman fan (I know she's not a librarian)

She isn't dangerous or drool-worthy, but my favorite anime libarian is Clannad's Yukine Miyazawa. She's smart, hospitable and wise.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Quote:
The poll is limited to main couples only, and not harem-anime alternatives (i.e. who you wish the protagonist would of ended up with) Have fun!

Err...why not secondary couples as well?

Because the number of choices would be ungainly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3