• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
old school anime, dont know the name

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
figurefour535

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so i watched this one anime about 7 years ago when the si-fi channel used to play anime and for the past month have been trying to find it but cant.

i only saw about 3 scences from it, and im pretty sure its a movie/ova or something. kinda cyber punk.

there is some guy who looks like jet but with a bronze cyborg leg. minor charater.
the main charater is similer to keneda from akira, and does some crazy things with a motorcycle in a mall. the animation style is kin to those made around the time of black magic, akira, and armatage.

i dont know anything about the story at all. so i cant help there. i think i remember there being some kind of tank that looked like something the protos would use in starcraft. but maybe my memory sucks, so if that doesnt fit into anyones head just ignore it.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Hello and welcome to ANN. Sorry but I can't help you identify the anime, but maybe if you tried here animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12376, then maybe you can get some results.
Ucnslowdnce

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Could be 8 Man After, but don't hold me to that. There are several cyber punk titles they showed on Sci-Fi back in the day.

EDIT: Disregard the above. It's most probably Venus Wars with that whole motorcycle deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
figurefour535

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote
ok looks like thats a winner folks. venus wars is it.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quote
I'm glad you found the name you were looking for. And now that you know, please use the Identifying Anime thread that is stickied at the top of the page from now on. Thanks!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1