• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Anime forum moderator, Tony K.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Everyone please welcome Tony K., the newest addition to the mod staff here in the Anime News Network forums. Tony, along with our usual forum moderators SakechanBD, myself, and Nagisa will be enforcing the rules and keeping an eye out for troublemakers to ensure the highest quality discussion.

Thanks!
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to Tony K. Although just out of sheer curiousity (not looking to become one), how does one become a moderator?
Asuka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
You don't. If you exhibit exceptional intelligence and various other characteristics, and there is a need, the appropriate people will come to you regarding it.

Congrats, Tony.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure you have to be chosen to become a mod. Seeing as Tony K. has the third most posts on this forum I think (next to Tempest and Nagisa) it doesn't come as a surprise to me that he was chosen. Of course there's probably more to it then that. Anyway, good job at becoming a moderator, Tony.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
That's wicked man. You signed on only 1 year before I did and you have almost 10x more posts than I do. Good job dude.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to Tony K.!

Have fun dealing with us lunatics, pain-in-the-patooties and writers of circular logic!
Laughing Wink Laughing Wink Laughing Wink
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
He needs to come into the chatroom and be corrupted and then he can get the ANN cool kids leather jacket.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I'll do my best, everyone. I don't have any real guidelines other than what's written in "Teh Rules." I will also try to be very lenient so that all of you can express your comments and whatnot.

I try to respond to all reported posts quickly, so if you see one, feel free to click on the button. If I don't see anything particularly wrong with it, I'll PM you for an inquiry.

Otherwise, if it needs to be edited, I'll PM the author with a notice and tell him/her about it with a 24 hour window to fix it. At the expiration of that window, if the problem isn't fixed, subjectional action will be taken (deletion, self-editing, who knows... it depends on the context).

If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in this thread or PM me if you'd rather keep it a secret (Death Note style Wink). Have a good day, folks!
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
CONGRATS, Tony!

That's so great. I bet you'll do a good job, seeing as you've been a part of this forum for...4100 posts! Shocked

I'll probably never receive the honor of being frustrated at everyone on this forum. Wink (Just kidding!)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations, Tony! Nobody deserves it more than you. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:46 pm Reply with quote
4100 posts...

You're obviously a wordy -- er, I mean, a worthy addition to the moderation crew. Good luck and remember to take your medication.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
...along with our usual forum moderators SakechanBD, myself, and Nagisa.

Lol, I'm sure these people are the happiest to hear this news, since it means less insanity and mental anguish stemming from dealing with all the stupid stuff around here Smile I try my best not to cause any trouble, but if I happen to do so, let me know and I'll gladly make the necessary edits/changes. I used to be guilty of backseat moderating, but trust me, I know my place Surprised
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I used to be guilty of backseat moderating

Me too. It's really hard to hold back... Sad
emory

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Tony Kornheiser is the new mod?
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Heh, and it seems like just yesterday I was telling you to straighten out, Tony. Congrats, you've come a long way from obnoxious. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6