• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Onegai Teacher,Twins , Suzuka,Air

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Arrow Onegai Teacher,Twins & Suzuka,Air

This are the best anime i ever saw until now.
They where really really great.

The fact is, after i saw this serie's there are almost none wich are these good,

Is there any who can give me a anime title wich is as good as these ones..

Greets,,

Thank's for the help !
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Ah nice, another great fan of Onegai Teacher. Smile

For other titles which are similar, you could try Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. A love triangle story, realistic drama and tearjerker. One of the greatest romance titles created.

Victorian Romance Emma is one of my favorites. I think you might like it. It's about the a maid and higher class business family in the England Victorian society. The difference in living standards and social class forbids the love between the maid and the wealthy man to be together.

And on another level similar to Air, and from the creators of Air, comes Kanon. Basically this title is a fantasy/romance title. I'm sure you'll be familiar with the artwork.

Mahoromatic is superb also. A story about a android who has only 1 year of functionality remaining and allowed for her to spend at her own free will. This anime has comedy, romance and drama. A definiite MUST see. The main character (Mahoro) in the English version was voiced by Bridget Hoffman, who played Kazami Mizuho in Onegai Teacher.

Ai Yori Aoshi is also excellent though not as great as Onegai Teacher (IMO), but it definitely deserve a place in my top 10.

Ah! My Goddess OVA, Movie, and TV are excellent also.
Romance anime, one of the greatest classics ever, recently revitalised by the TV franchise. Starring Inoue Kikuko, who was also in Onegai Teacher and Air. And Bridget Hoffman in the Movie (and Mini Goddess) in the English versions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe anime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I'v seen some episodes of Please Twins and i'm interested in seeing the rest of the series.i'm also interested in seeing Please Teacher,it's got an interesting storyline.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently watching Honey and Clover.

I had no expectations other than what I've read in the Encyclopedia entry. But I must say, I'm starting to see why this title currently ranks #9 on ANN's listings.

It's a great comedy/drama/romance. It's not "mature" per say, but seeing as how it concentrates on college students, it has a more grown up feel to it. However, the comedy and slice of life situations carry over extemely well and can work for most audiences (particularly for those that like somewhat serious romances). I highly recommend it.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I second Tony K's suggestion of Honey & Clover. I really enjoyed this one.

IMO, no suggestion of H&C is complete without also recomending Kare Kano / His and Her Circumstances. This has a similar style to H&C, but it is high school based.
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:42 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips..

Ay yori aoshi was really good, and even more there is a second season of it.

Ai yori enishi

Thanks for the tips
daristar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quote
Canvas2 may be of interest (love triangle) some comedy. Focuses on a college/post college age guy who's working on being a HS art teacher.

His and her circumstances so far it's been pretty good.

Kanon some oddness like Air, but a lot less confusing overall.

Lamune romance, not a whole lot of drama but still fun.

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu short (6 episodes), I enjoyed it, I think it could have used some more episodes for some more character development.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien one of the best romance anime's I've seen. (if you really like this you should avoid the spinoff Akane Maniax unless you REALLY REALLY like Akane).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1