• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Questions and Observations NGE

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rojjin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:09 am Reply with quote
First off I apologize for openning yet another NGE thread. Maybe there should just be a permanant thread that is open and users can just post to it when a question arises.

Anyway, I just finished watching NGE for the second time and after reading alot of the threads on this board I have some questions.

1.) It has been discussed that the spoiler[soul of EVA-01 is Shinji's mother and the soul of EVA-02 is Askua's mother. But who is the soul of EVA-00. This was one of the prototypes for the rest of the Evangelion.]
Theory: What if the spoiler[soul of EVA-00 was actually Ritsuko's mother. Think about it, she was around during the building of EVA-00. And I can not think of anyone else that was of significance that died during that time. Also, if you think back to the first activation test of of EVA-00 it went out of control and punched the glass right where Gendou was standing watching. Then during the test where Shinji was piloting EVA-00 and it went out of control it did the same thing except this time it was Rei that was standing there. At the end of her life we know the she had issues with both of them.]

2.) This might have already been addressed but, we know what happend at second impact and third impact but, what was first impact?

3.) Nerv had spoiler[possesion of Lylith ( hope I spelled that right ) in central dogma. How did they come into possesion of the being the supposedly gave birth to all of humanity?]

Just a couple thoughts I thought that I would share and get your opinions.
Fui

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quote
1 & 2)
Quote:
spoiler[Naoko Akagi . On the first occasion when "Evangelion Unit 00" went beserk, it was trying to attack Gendo, Rei or Ritsuko (Even all three). It was definitely after Ritsuko the second time around. It makes sense that Naoko's mind was transplanted into the "Prototype", after all, the "Evangelion" does hate Rei; and remember that Naoko strangled Rei I to death. She has been forced to become a part of something that she poured her blood and sweat into creating, and therefore, lashes out out at Gendo and Ritsuko, as now she is merely a puppet for Gendo and Ritsuko's bidding. I do not believe that the correct answer to this question is Lilith, because if it were true, Rei's synchronisational level with "Evangelion Unit 00" would be much better than what it is, as Rei has the DNA of Lilith, which means they would synchronise at a very high level.]

I knew about it pretty much but wanted to get a little more insight so I found that.

3.) Noo idea and it's dinnertime Razz
rojjin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Here is a link to some explanations about NGE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_glossary#Lance_of_Longinus

Still no answer to number 3.
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote
1. spoiler[It is speculated that Naoko Akagi is in Unit 00 but it's not. I think the big clues are when Shinji sees Rei when in her Eva in episode 14, and whether or not it's the Angel Rei's speaking to in episode 23, or Rei 1.When Shinji is in Eva-00 when it goes out of control, he senses Ayanami, then decides it might not be Ayanami, then there's a closeup on Rei-1. This seems to imply that what is in Eva-00 is like Ayanami (Rei-2), but isn't, and then the closeup shows it's her younger incarnation Rei-1.Afterwards, despite the fact that Eva-00 is pounding away at the part of the wall where Rei is standing, Ritsuko is certain that it wanted to kill her (i.e. Eva-00 was bashing a way into the room where Ritsuko was, as opposed to bashing at Rei). Ritsuko is knowledgable about the Evas and their operation, and presumably she would not have said such a thing unless whatever was in Eva-00 had a special problem with her. And since her mom strangled Rei-1 to death, there is indeed some justifcation for Rei-1 having a special grudge against her.Rei-1's soul occupies Unit 00. Asukas mother is in Unit 02 and Yui is in Unit 01.]

2. First impact is said to be when Liliths Black Moon crashed on earth.

3. Interesting question, lemme think on it.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
3) spoiler[The Geo Front is built inside the "egg of Lillith" so I always just assumed they found her buried in there. And more than likely knew she would be there. The same think probably applies to Adam.]
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
NeonGEvangelion wrote:
1. spoiler[It is speculated that Naoko Akagi is in Unit 00 but it's not.]

I disagree. All signs tend to confirm that spoiler[Naoko is the soul of Unit-00. Even Ritsuko being a target of Unit-00 points directly to the same conclusion. Naoko had her relationship with Gendou, and now her daughter is in a relationship with the same person. Of course she's not exactly happy with Ritsuko. You can't just randomly decide that Rei has a soul when she does not. That's the whole point. She has no soul of her own and she never did. It's also not surprising in the least that Shinji would sense Rei inside Unit-00. For one thing, she's the same type of being as Unit-00, and she's also the soul and (partially) body of Lillith. So an 'imprint' or 'echo' of Rei doesn't surprise me. Moreover, *if* Rei somehow developed a soul that got sucked into Unit-00, then subsequent Reis should have no problem synching with it. Lastly, since Rei 1 apparently never went inside an Eva, how would her 'soul' end up there?]
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Tell me, then what signs is there that Ritsukos mother is in Unit 00. Find me some then I will beleive. ATM its a blatent garbage theory that some yahoo thought of. You dont need to enter an EVA for you soul to be put in it. For example Asukas mother killed her self, he soul was tranfered, she was never "sucked in".
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
NeonGEvangelion wrote:
Tell me, then what signs is there that Ritsukos mother is in Unit 00.

They aren't hidden or anything. Unless you would argue that people make things up to support the most popular opinion of whose soul resides in Unit-00
NeonGEvangelion wrote:
You don't need to enter an EVA for you soul to be put in it. For example Asukas mother killed her self, he soul was tranfered, she was never "sucked in".

Asuka's mother DID enter Unit-02. She was the head of the E-Project in Germany, and she was also a test subject. When she entered Unit-02, her 'soul' stayed behind, and the rest of her went insane as a result.

So, it's no big surprise that the head of the E-Project in Japan would enter the Eva as a test subject. She does, after all, know the most about the systems incorporated into it.

NeonGEvangelion wrote:
ell me, then what signs is there that Ritsukos mother is in Unit 00. Find me some then I will beleive

I can throw the same question right back at you about any other soul you would like to say is inside it. Except it's been covered numerous times and on numerous sites why the signs point to Risuko's mother.
rojjin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Swordfish_IIspoiler[I thought that Adam was the first angel. If he was why would he have been inside the geofront with Lylith. ( If that is infact where they found her)]
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote
rojjin wrote:
Swordfish_IIspoiler[I thought that Adam was the first angel. If he was why would he have been inside the geofront with Lylith. ( If that is infact where they found her)]

spoiler[Adam was in his own egg, under Antarctica.]
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Kaz you still havnt provided suitable evidence that Ritsukos mother resides in Unit 00. Going by others thought dont count. Get me solid proof. I provided proof Rei-1 resides in Unit 00, now provide me some evidence of this "highly" popular theory. Our the only one i ran into who beleive this maleovent stuff.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
NeonGEvangelion wrote:
. I provided proof Rei-1 resides in Unit 00,

You haven't provided any "proof." You also can't provide any "proof" unless your name is Hideaki Anno. I'm also not going to waste time repeating what is common knowledge, because that's exactly what it is, a waste. I, frankly, don't really care what you believe or don't believe. But I also did not feel like letting you act like you can lay down the gospel for us.

In fact, I'll provide "proof" that my scenario is correct, as soon as you provide one single piece of it yourself.
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:20 pm Reply with quote
If you read my post carefully, you will see. Pick out the details.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
NeonGEvangelion wrote:
Pick out the details.

I see no "proof" of any kind. I see speculation, which is how you even go about writing it in your post. Yet it then suddenly becomes fact with hard proof backing it, which is BS.

But, you know what, I honestly just do not feel like doing this today. I'm not in the mood to.

You can believe what you want, just don't go around passing it off as the 'truth' and/or that it is backed with even one shred of 'proof.' If you want to speculate, that's fine.
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
When it comes to Ritsuko's mother, I thought spoiler[she was found in the Three Magi computers-- each had an aspect of her].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2