• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what EX is. Refrain is a route that unlocks only after every other route has been completed. It can be thought of as the 'after story' of Little Busters,

more or less saying the main story will not pick up until the second season unless you count kud's route... that was one hell of ball buster for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9
The fastball pitcher Rin!

Sa-chan was quite annoying to watch this episode but overall, I found the latest episode quite boring. Well, here's an image of Lizbeth to lighten things up:

I'm hoping the next few episodes/arc will be good though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I really don't get why they devoted so much time to the second task. In the VN it was just a (really silly) mini-game. Also annoyed that once again we only got to hear the Sasami+minions vs Rin fight. At least we'll finally get Mio's (re)introduction next episode. And put some frickin' cats on the baseball field JC staff. It's not like you'd bother animating them so just draw them in the stills so it at least feels like it's baseball practice.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Not really much to say about the episode. Maybe that it feels like ages since a series used a lot of the back handed ojousama laugh, and it was like back handed ojousama laugh squared. Still felt kind of stupid that the characters fought the way they did, are the gils that insecure of themselves, and Rin that self centered that she has to get something she does not like of the menu?

I did not mind the baseball bit, and "wafu" is growing on me. I wouldn't say I felt too harshly about the cooking, but it did feel that it was pretty strong in blatant fanservice, and perhaps lack of common sense. Perhaps I would have liked a cynic to be involved. The very end reminded me of the end of Angel Beat's first episode.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
Honestly, if I didn't play the VN, I would already have dropped this one.

The pace is so slow and boring, and too fast at the same time. I think they rushed Komari route in 3 episode. In Clannad, they ended the first arc in 9 episodes, but in that same pace they managed to introduce everyone in the series. If I were the scenario writer, I would introduce everyone first, then get into the routes. (I think it would be a great idea if Riki can ask Nishizono about books and such before writing one for Komari)

And, the animation quality is so depressing in my opinion. There are too many scenes that doesn't even look like animated, and in my amateurish viewer opinion, it looks like the staffs were just plain lazy.

There is also something bugging me. Rin is a devoted cat lover and spoiler[she should know better that whiskers play an important role in cat's life. To think that she pulled off the whisker was just.... impossible as a cat maniac.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
i think that is the first time i have ever seen a choir of noblewoman's laughs.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
I like Rin a lot. She kinda reminds me of Shana (appearance-wise) Anime hyper The shy part about her is cute.

and LOL I once pulled off a dog's whisker and freaked like she did, trying to put it back and all, so I got a kick out of that. Anime hyper

It's good they brought up Riki's narcolepsy problem again....I was starting to think the writers forgot about it . o_o
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
It's good they brought up Riki's narcolepsy problem again....I was starting to think the writers forgot about it . o_o
"If there was one thing that worries me, it is that I have narcolepsy. Ugh. Why did I have to remind them?" *Falls straight onto the ground somehow avoiding head damage*
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
perhaps someone caught him
stove top stuffing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
And put some frickin' cats on the baseball field JC staff. It's not like you'd bother animating them so just draw them in the stills so it at least feels like it's baseball practice.

I agree. It isn't practice with out the cats. It may seem like a small thing, but if you have played the VN then you know it isn't baseball with out the cats.

That is only one problem of many I have with this anime adaptation.
I will watch to the end, but I have the feeling that I will be disappointed with the results.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Yes, there's a cat playing with a baseball in the LOGO, fer crying out loud. Anime hyper

Quote:
"If there was one thing that worries me, it is that I have narcolepsy. Ugh. Why did I have to remind them?" *Falls straight onto the ground somehow avoiding head damage*

I snorted when I read that. Anime hyper
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Really annoyed how the story is handling the narcolepsy. It isn't realistic at all. Have we seen him take medication? Have we seen him suffer excessive daytime sleepiness? Have we seen him suffer night-time insomnia or disrupted sleep? Any hallucinations? What about sleep paralysis (not to be confused with his fainting spells).

If a writer chooses to incorporate a real medical condition into a story then they should actually do their bloody homework.

Megiddo wrote:
I really don't get why they devoted so much time to the second task. In the VN it was just a (really silly) mini-game.

My guess, as someone who hasn't played the game? That it was to show how much more confident Rin had become around people. It was basically her development episode, so that's why they expanded what sounds like a throwaway task into an episode's worth of material.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I've learned to take how anime depicts people with illnesses/conditions with a grain of salt. They always seem to ignore the details and messy things...

Manga does it somewhat better....though it still has exaggerations here and there.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
yeah, i'm not watching the show for Riki so i dont really care how much detail is or isn't spent on his narcolepsy
zeroyuki92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Really annoyed how the story is handling the narcolepsy. It isn't realistic at all. Have we seen him take medication? Have we seen him suffer excessive daytime sleepiness? Have we seen him suffer night-time insomnia or disrupted sleep? Any hallucinations? What about sleep paralysis (not to be confused with his fainting spells).

If a writer chooses to incorporate a real medical condition into a story then they should actually do their bloody homework.

Because... If you have watched any Key series before, it has it's own trademark of "Realism Magic" and it will not be absent in this series.

Let's drop this realism seeking activity until the series ends. Heck, even most of character's silly antics that seems randomly came out of nowhere have their own reasons. Or so I heard (since I haven't finished the VN yet, it's very long)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 32