• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NarutoZ

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenpachi dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quote
Firstof all. I'm new so don't bite my head off if I repeat a prevoius post.
Anyway i was wondering what the story was about naruto becoming naruto Z at episode 180? Is it true or not?
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote
i dont know if it's true but the anime and manga are going to jump to 3 years in the futare at a certin time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iris_0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote
^ The manga already jumped ahead.

I seriously doubt they would use the name "naruto Z". The latter part of the Dragonball anime was called Z because it was originally going to be a short section that would end the series. It wouldn't make sense for anyone else to use it,
F_._e...z__.i1_.1..._

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
A.

Last edited by F_._e...z__.i1_.1..._ on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Azathrael

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
i don't know if it's true but the anime and manga are spoiler[going to jump to 3 years in the futare at a certin time.]

This needs to be in spoiler tags.

Also, I know that Naruto is considered the next generation DBZ by the anti-narutards, but that doesn't mean that Naruto is going to copy DBZ and call it "Naruto Z". It means it will never happen.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Iris_0 wrote:
The latter part of the Dragonball anime was called Z because it was originally going to be a short section that would end the series.

No, it was given the Z to denote a change in the tone and direction of the series, switching from a fantasy comedy adventure show with some fighting elements to a straight-up science fiction fighting series. The manga, however, simply kept the name "Dragon Ball" until the end of the Buu Arc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
hikaru393 wrote:
i don't know if it's true but the anime and manga are spoiler[going to jump to 3 years in the futare at a certin time.]

This needs to be in spoiler tags.

Also, I know that Naruto is considered the next generation DBZ by the anti-narutards, but that doesn't mean that Naruto is going to copy DBZ and call it "Naruto Z". It means it will never happen.

That's correct, it will be named "Yu Yu Bleachruto Z" instead.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Iris_0 wrote:
^ The manga already jumped ahead.

I seriously doubt they would use the name "naruto Z".

I always thought the unofficial (fan-dubbed) name was Naruto 2.

Last edited by Aromatic Grass on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure the name will stay the same, unless they decide to go on hiatus and then start up again later, then they may decide to do something like that. There simply isn't any reason to change the name. Other series have had time skips (DBZ had another timeskip between the Cell and Buu sagas) without name changes.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quote
There is no OFFICIAL notification that the official title of the series will change at any time.

On the other hand (very slight manga spoilers), spoiler[the manga arcs following the three year gap ARE a bit "bigger" and more kinetic in nature than the first part of the series, similarly to how Z was more kinetic than Dragon Ball, especially the most recent arc. It's still Naruto though, I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and look forward to seeing certain things in animation.]
kenpachi dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:17 am Reply with quote
Ok I understand but what is the possiablity than it will become "Naruto Z" and not "Naruto 2"? Isn't there a trademark on the letter "Z" in draggonball? and let say there is trademark on the "Z", then that means that naruto can't copy it.

Another thing: Will it happen at episode 180 or not? Can't find information on this subject. Try to e-mail TV Tokyo but they didn't reply yet.
Zoe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote
kenpachi dude wrote:
Another thing: Will it happen at episode 180 or not? Can't find information on this subject. Try to e-mail TV Tokyo but they didn't reply yet.

It's currently assumed to happen at that time because that will be the start of the new season.
Kouji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
kenpachi dude wrote:
Ok I understand but what is the possiablity than it will become "Naruto Z" and not "Naruto 2"? Isn't there a trademark on the letter "Z" in draggonball? and let say there is trademark on the "Z", then that means that naruto can't copy it.

So, can Takeuchi Naoko-san sue Takahashi Kazuki-san from "stealing" the R in Sailor Moon R when he created the manga Yugioh R?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote
You can't trademark a letter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1