• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What anime should I watch next?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WBBulldogs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
These are the series and movies that I've seen and liked:
Appleseed
Mahoromatic (Both seasons and summer special)
Gunslinger Girl
Chobits
Blood: The Last Vampire
Read or Die (OAV)

I was just asking for a suggestion for a series or movie to watch next.
GloriousPikachu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Next time try to tell us the reasons you liked the anime's to give us a better consensus on what aspects of and types of anime you enjoy...and listing is against the rules...anyway based on what you have written, Vampire hunter D:Bloodlust because it seems you like some darker stuff for the most part, and this show is dark, entertaining and has a science fiction-like theme which you seem to fancy, and pretty good art.

Another science fiction/shounen (this seems to be your genre of anime) anime that I'd recommend is Texhnolize which is a personal favorite of mine, its a dark science fiction anime with a great plot, its also very psychological so if your into that it'll be even better.

Honorable mention to the GITS movie, which is also pretty good, i'd check that out to.

GP
AnimeFanboy1982

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Since you've already watched the Read or Die OAV, I have to recommend that you watch R.O.D the TV. It has all the same great paper master action of the OAV with a wonderful plot that really sucks you in. Trust me, if you liked watching the OAV, then you'll absolutely love the TV series.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote
Tsukihime: Lunar Legend-Revolves arround Shiki Tohno who after a childhood accident has been able to see lines everywhere and when he cuts those lines the things die or are destroyed. After killing a woman in the park one day in a fit of temporary insanity he's surprised when she shows up later, revealing she's a vampire, and threatens him into helping her find the culprit of some recent murders, another vampire named Roa.

Noir-After recieving a mysterious E-Mail, professional assassin Mirielle Bouquet travels to Japan to meet the sender. She finds Kirika Yumera, whose killing skills surpass even her own, althogh she is unable to remember how she learned them, or anything about herself. She also has withiin her possession a musical watch that may be a clue she needs to finding out the circumstances of Mirielle's parents deaths. Reluctantly, they decide to team up and find the answers they seek, taking on a powerful secret society.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1