• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gundam AGE Sketch for Possible New Project Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
I am still not into watching Age but i think i;ll eventually watch it since it's Gundam. But instead of more Age or that !@#$ how about we get origin (no news for almost 1.5 year now) and more UC like Cross Bone, CDA or even better ZZ compilation with Amuro & Char story arcs like they were originally intended.

We already have Unicorn. Seriously there's enough UC out there already. The other universes need more attention instead.

Besides, the only Char story arc intended for ZZ was that he'd lead the rebellion instead of Glemy. But with Char's Counter Attack we don't need that.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I still don't understand why people are excited for The Origin; I've personally seen all I want from the One Year War era.

As for this, if this is any indication of an adaptation of Memories of Sid, might be interesting.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
I thought Gundam Seed Destiny would go down as the worst gundam of all time following Seed one of the best. Then AGE came out and threw that on its head. Truthfully speaking part of the reason I dont like the show is that they killed off the good female character, and went with the generic childhood friend. But in reality the show did have many flaws one of which was the more kid friendly animation style.
nakobass

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
Oh Why!, Just let that garbage die already. Worse Gundam and Anime I have ever seen., and I watched every last episode, it was a mess from start to finish. Please just let it die and move on Sunrise. No way this is true, Sunrise and Bandai lost a butt load of money on this crap.
blueberry_ice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:23 am Reply with quote
Oh HELL yes. Asemu's arc was my favourite, and both Asemu and Zeheart are my favourite characters. Anything concerning them is always welcome.

Also, so much hate on AGE? Personally, I dislike SEED/DESTINY the most. AGE might have flopped if it weren't for the 2nd arc. But the 3rd arc protagonist isn't to my liking. Oh, different people different opinion. Don't bother me.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote
I didn't care for AGE, but I'm glad some people here had fun with it.

Majin Tenshi wrote:
how about we get origin (no news for almost 1.5 year now) and more UC like Cross Bone, CDA or even better ZZ compilation with Amuro & Char story arcs like they were originally intended.

Definitely ready to see "Gundam: The Origin" animated.

Rather than compilations for ZZ, though, I'd rather see a full-blown reimagining of it (carefully tuned not to contradict CCA and UC, of course) with better writing and a tone that's...well, not devoid of fun, but at least believable in terms of the world of the series. After the Zeta movies, I thought ZZ was being quietly decanonized, but UC has put that notion to rest.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quote
Gundam AGE isn't the masterpiece that the UC, AC, AW, CC are, but like SEED and SEED Destiny, it's just supposed to be an action pop corn anime, looking at it from that angle, that makes it a good Gundam series. In fact, I dare say it was BETTER than 00 for various reasons.

I'm looking forward to the AG timeline being expanded.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:

After the Zeta movies, I thought ZZ was being quietly decanonized, but UC has put that notion to rest.

The Zeta movies have their own canon as they completely change history. If anything we need a ZZ: A New Translation to correctly tie in with them.

Majin Tenshi wrote:
But instead of more Age or that !@#$ how about we get origin (no news for almost 1.5 year now) and more UC like Cross Bone, CDA or even better ZZ compilation with Amuro & Char story arcs like they were originally intended.

NO.

I like UC and all but dear god, no. It's already crowded as all hell.

If Sunrise is going to anything more with UC, they need to more with the Late UC era (The F91, Crossbone and Victory eras.)

As for Origin, well, you know the compilation movies and original series still stand up today.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quote
you got be if this happen of more PG-age cue this
http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/w1yq1m.jpg

really give series is became big flop of this era oh from many time skips, lack of characters develop, mis-used with screwing the female, jump the sharks, & others.

please do some a favor give back our GS era.
kgw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
As someone said before, I suppose Sunrise will make 3 movies of every arc with old footage, and something new to round the edges, like they have done once and once again.

As for AGE's hate. I dismiss the series due to bad writing and over-used animation. One thing is making a kiddie show (which it was), and other thing making a bad kiddie show. Heck, I've seen better writing in Digimon.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Why?? Why make more of this garbage, it does not even feel like gundam, hell medabots is better about kids and robots...maybe they want to go bankrupt?

Still waiting for a decent gundam series (aside from UC) since 00 ended years ago...
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Gundam AGE isn't the masterpiece that the UC, AC, AW, CC are, but like SEED and SEED Destiny, it's just supposed to be an action pop corn anime, looking at it from that angle, that makes it a good Gundam series. In fact, I dare say it was BETTER than 00 for various reasons.

I'm looking forward to the AG timeline being expanded.

I have a hard time calling any Gundam a masterpiece let alone Wing.

But just excusing it as "action pop corn anime" doesn't sit well.

First except maybe 0080, the series is a toy commercial, but that did'nt stop the shows from tackling interesting themes and a bit more complex characterization and story telling.

You say Age may have better writing then 00. I find that to be uterly false. 00 at least season 1 tackles real world aspects and presents a pretty realistic world and conflict, far beyond most Gundam shows.

Age doesn't do any of this. Even the main conflict is hilariously stupid and the show does a poor job at trying to make it seem like anything other then bad.

Are the jovians( I man martians) supposed to be sympathetic? Well the show tries to make them that in extrmley hackeyed ways. OH LOOK A SICKLY LITTLE GIRL! FEEL BAD FOR HER BECAUSE SHE IS GOING TO DIE. Ok yet everyone else on this side is extrmley narrow minded and following a genocidal minaic who's plan makes even less sense then Durandel's Destiny plan.

At least in 00 you have the constant question that CB may in fact just be terrorists. There's some grey in 00 and its not totally forced.

But beyond this Age just fails on so many fronts.

The show is so totally crappily paced. Who the heck would you care if the 2nd gens protags are in conflict? You had like a sec where they are friends. I sure have no real idea that these are friends. This entire relationship is handled in the most cliched way possible. Cliche dosen't equal bad, but jesus christ was this part the most predictable part. There was no depth here, just the show making a statement that these people are friends(without developing it) and then making them enemies and we are supposed to care. Also the char clone wanted a family and this plot came out of nowhere.

The female characters a the worst in the history of the show. They have no character and are their to only serve the male characters. They are baby makers, love things(because they sure aren't relationships), and plot motivators in that they die and it ques a characters anger.

I'm sure there's more like the terrible 3rd gen main character who's insane crying somehow makes characters entire personalities change for no reason. The stupid logic of Ansem going a pirate and becoming a terrible father. But I can;t remember. Pretty much everything about this show is bad. It's pretty indefensible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Son-kun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
The whole "kiddy" look of the show is fine to me. Anyone that complains about it I think generally has some ego issues. I'm pretty sure the show was meant to be targeted towards a younger audience. Anyone trying to find anything to be of previous Gundam calibur is fooling themselves. In that respect, I enjoyed the show. While the pacing wasn't so great and female characters weren't exactly well developed, I never really thought that was the point of the show. It's basically a cliffnotes version of Gundam. Condensing 3 generations into one series. Obviously, it did not pan out very well. The ending was good to me and nice change of pace from the somewhat morbid conclusions of the UC material. It was cliche, but at the very least, it offered something nice for a change.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
The ending was nice? Son-kun, I didn't watch the ending, but I've heard from people who did that spoiler[the final boss was basically a super-soldier who was introduced the episode before and barely spoke.] That seems like really lazy writing to me.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, AGE had a final boss out of nowhere. But the ending itself at least gave closure to the universe instead of just ending abruptly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3