• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shakugan no SHANA or Fate/Night Stay?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midori kou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:18 am Reply with quote
I'm scheduling the screening schedule for my anime club and have one slot open. Which of the two should I show? Shakugan no SHANA or Fate/Stay Night?

Last edited by midori kou on Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quote
Hm...depends. How many episodes does this open slot constitute? Fate/stay night only began, and as of this very moment has only had four episodes air. Shakugan no Shana, on the other hand, already has some sixteen episodes currently released. If the slot's larger than about four or five episodes, I'd say go with Shakugan no Shana. Otherwise I'd personally lean more towards Fate/stay night as an already promising adaptation of a truly excellent story with some very memorable and likable characters (but then, I'm a biased Fate nut like that Razz ). Either way, though, both choices are solid options; though I'd personally recommend Fate over Shana, that's not to knock Shana at all, as it too is one helluva great series thus far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
xfob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:07 am Reply with quote
I think it's a better choice to go with Shakugan no Shana since there's already 16 episodes out. I can't say it's the best anime, but it's a decent anime. Although, I find it disturbing how they portray sex appeal through a young character like Shana. The parts where they sliced her shirt is disturbing.
midori kou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Often our anime episode slots would consist of an episode for 4-5 weeks. If people in the club don't like it by then, we cancel it and show something else. If they like it, we'll continue it until the end of the semester. (About 13 weeks.)

I'm basically trying to find a series that can quickly appeal to the audience. Sounds like Fate/Stay Night would do that.
Pleroma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Shana is HOT >.>

Seriously tho, SnS has some really good opening episodes and more longevity since should you go with Fate/Stay you'd only have one episode for next week. Personaly while Fate/Stay seems interesting thus far, I've enjoyed SnS much more both from a visual and narrative perspective, its just better at hooking you in IMO.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Shana is good, but it's not for everyone(moe, incest). i'd go with Fate Stay Night. sor far it's a lot better in the story department, and it has great animation.
birgritte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Shana is good, but it's not for everyone(moe, incest)

I was planning on watching Shakugan no Shana, however I was not aware of any incestuous relationships. What exactly is the nature of this supposed incest?
hiimrisa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I say Fate/Stay Night. It's been good so far and even though Shana is still okay, I like Fate/ Stay Night better. I think people would like it more because it has action scenes and such.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:31 am Reply with quote
birgritte wrote:
Quote:
Shana is good, but it's not for everyone(moe, incest)

I was planning on watching Shakugan no Shana, however I was not aware of any incestuous relationships. What exactly is the nature of this supposed incest?

spoiler[Later in the series (ep. 12ish or something, i'd have to check) two villians appear that are brother and sister. They then proceed to make out in public. Now, this is supposed to show the contrast between the twin's relationship and the budding relationship between Shana and Yuji. Also, apparently, the two twins names (which escape me at the moment) are some sort of Buddhist/shinto metaphor between "the loved" and "the lover".]

So, I wouldn't sweat that "incest" point too much. Its nothing major.

And yes, for the record, Shana is HOT!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1