• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
seems like my recent thread-replies are getting deleted

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treatment

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote
hmm.

At least two of my three recent posts were deleted or flat-out disappeared from the threads they were posted in. One in a romance-thread a couple of weeks ago and one just today at the Fighting-thread by Takavar or something. Both in the anime-forum.

I know I'm not that active at ANN-forum, but afaik, there is nothing in either of my reply-posts that "disappeared" that breaks/broke any ANN forum-regulation and stuff. Both were just title-recommendations.

Funny thing is that the one that hasn't been deleted is the Full Moon Sagashite thread where I'm the thread-starter.

I already sent a pm to Tempest, but I'd like to know if there are others who are experiencing the same thing and if it's an actual forum-bug or if a mod somehow don't like my posts for some unknown reason(s).
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Hint: our rule about mindless listing applies to recommendations, as well. If you won't tell the person why you think a title is worth their time seeing beyond "it's good" or "it loosely fits 'x' criteria," then just don't post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
treatment

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:16 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Hint: our rule about mindless listing applies to recommendations, as well. If you won't tell the person why you think a title is worth their time seeing beyond "it's good" or "it loosely fits 'x' criteria," then just don't post.

I see. Since the scenes and effects were quite indescribeable without actually being seen, I figured it was best to provide the trailer-link.

I guess you're saying that even providing a Geneon-link to where to get the J2-trailer for them to actually see for themselves the fight-scenes instead of just merely trying to describe the scene is a no-no?

Anyway, I'll keep that rule you mentioned in mind.

fwiw, it's just a little jarring to find my posts gone/deleted without some explanation. I'm not that active here so I'm still a little new to this "mindless listing" rule.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1