• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Could we have more K for our avatars

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camelot187757

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
i was wondering if you guys could possibly consider giving us more K mem for our avatars?? Maybe you could stretch it from 6K to 8K maybe. If not could you explain why? (Possibly a tech issue for the site?)
camelot187757

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote
by the way im not hating on her/him but how the hell did this slip through its like 100 by 100 and 12K
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3678 wrote:
Although part of our motivation for limiting avatar size is to control our band with, another part of our motivation is site aesthetic's (hence the limit on dimensions) and another part of our motivation is to conserve our readers' bandwidth and make sure the site loads quickly (hence the limit on file size).

CR's avatar probably slipped through because it was made before a smaller limit was imposed.
camelot187757

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
this is kinda of funny in a very very sick way. Not boosting my ego or nothing, and i mean that sincerely, but isn't it just a tad bit funny that when I asked for more byte memory for our avatars the byte limit suddenly shrank from 8 to 6. Isn't that just a tad bit funny to anyone else? Ah well...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
this is kinda of funny in a very very sick way. Not boosting my ego or nothing, and i mean that sincerely, but isn't it just a tad bit funny that when I asked for more byte memory for our avatars the byte limit suddenly shrank from 8 to 6. Isn't that just a tad bit funny to anyone else? Ah well...

What are you talking about ? The size limit hasn't changed in over a year.

As for Craeyst Raygal's avatar, it was probably uploaded before the limit was imposed. I've gone and shrunk it appropriately.
camelot187757

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
duke when i first joined the limit was 8 I've switched my avatar 4 times now and now its telling me six.

Edit:
camelot187757 wrote:
i was wondering if you guys could possibly consider giving us more K mem for our avatars?? Maybe you could stretch it from 6K to 8K maybe. If not could you explain why? (Possibly a tech issue for the site?)

My bad man it was indeed my own question that confused me. Sorry about that but thanks for the clear up

2nd Edit: Aw man don't tell me you went and changed her avatar just because i had to open my big mouth about someone else who has nothing to do with this. It was just a question you don;t have to penalize him/her for my childish complaints
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1