• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Viorexx wrote:
Now that both are stop being on the front line
did they both quit
how would this affect the their standing in the guild?

Your guild is sort of like your job, only moreso. Also, quitting it without telling anyone would effect lots of people, especially considering her rank; people who depend on her and expect certain things from her. It would be a highly irresponsible thing to do, and not only would she probably end up being blackballed from her guild (and possibly their alllies), but it would've reflected negatively on Kirito as well.

As to your recent question, I'd assume they announced their intentions to the Guildleader. So, while it would probably not make them very popular, it won't get them blackballed, either. They're not the first people to get cold feet, and they won't be the last, either. Besides, I'm sure they'll be back, and I expect Heathcliff thinks that, too.
dan7el

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

As to your recent question, I'd assume they announced their intentions to the Guildleader. So, while it would probably not make them very popular, it won't get them blackballed, either. They're not the first people to get cold feet, and they won't be the last, either. Besides, I'm sure they'll be back, and I expect Heathcliff thinks that, too.

I think it will be more or less along the lines of, spoiler["Look, one of the guild members under your jurisdiction just killed another member and tried to kill Kirito. We deserve a break, and you're going to give it to us. All right?"]

And Heathcliff agrees.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
dan7el,

That's the way I think it went (will?) go down, too. Kind of hard to talk about brotherhood among guild-mates when something like that happens. Heathcliff seems pretty smart, so I doubt he'll try very hard to convince them to stay.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Are we talking about the Heathcliff that challenged Kirito to a duel so that he could win him and then spoiler[cheated (apparently)] in said duel? I don't know if he'll be cool about letting his vice commander and new found trophy spoiler[leaving to live the peaceful life on level 22].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I guess we'll find out next episode, King of Hearts. We're all just speculating here, anyway.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:49 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Are we talking about the Heathcliff that challenged Kirito to a duel so that he could win him and then spoiler[cheated (apparently)] in said duel? I don't know if he'll be cool about letting his vice commander and new found trophy spoiler[leaving to live the peaceful life on level 22].
It depends on how the situation's framed. If we're talking about spoiler[them formally and fully quitting the guild], then it's not very likely unless Heathcliff is spoiler[simply treating it as a leave of absence and intends to re-recruit them later].
Bugnin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:21 am Reply with quote
They're getting spoiler[married.] Like any walk of life, you get a leave of absence for that. Consider it spoiler[time off for a honeymoon.]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:26 am Reply with quote
Preview for the next episode "The Morning Dew Girl" aka The Honeymoon Laughing .
Key

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:34 am Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:
Preview for the next episode "The Morning Dew Girl" aka The Honeymoon Laughing .

Ah! That's the young girl from the OP - IOW, the one character from the OP who has yet to be introduced.

And wow, they even show Asuna and Kirito wearing wedding rings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote
I learn a lot of things from anime, and I can see that this series is going to teach me about the wonders of teen marriage, and making close relationships with people you have only met online.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I learn a lot of things from anime, and I can see that this series is going to teach me about the wonders of teen marriage, and making close relationships with people you have only met online.

Lol... I hope this thing doesn't transition into a slice of life anime about Kirito and Asuna and their day to day troubles with marriage and/or parenting and dealing with local thugs or other provincial concerns.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
The show will dissolve spoiler[into a narrative about Kirito's nefarious affairs with the other girls. Asuna ends up divorcing him and takes custody of their child. Kirito then resorts to alcohol for support and starts to gold farm in SAO for real world money. The little micro-transactions he makes are sent to Asuna to support their chid, Kirito spends the rest on liquor. Eventually Kirito ends up in Alcoholic Anonymous, is told he might die from a liver disease, and ends up falling into clinical depression. In his time in the hospital, he starts writing poetry whilst listening to his favorite band, Linkin Park.]

On another note, a friend of mine calculated how much '2 years of glop' would be:

Quote:
Conservatively and by ways of averages, let's say the each ejaculation is at 5 milliliters, and the frequency that ejaculation is released at is twice a week. Weekly, the production is 10 milliliters, and multiply that by 52 to make the year, you have 520 milliliters. In two years, you have 1040 milliliters.

To put this in perspective, 1040 milliliters equates close to-

jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Conservatively and by ways of averages, let's say the each ejaculation is at 5 milliliters, and the frequency that ejaculation is released at is twice a week. Weekly, the production is 10 milliliters, and multiply that by 52 to make the year, you have 520 milliliters. In two years, you have 1040 milliliters.

Sounds about right for standard single discharge in hentai.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:

Sounds about right for standard single discharge in hentai.

moreso when demons are involved
Viorexx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

They might have started as teens but they have been living this the game for more then 2 years. so they might be about the age to marry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 47 of 274