• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidsolid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Im still a newbie in the anime field. I've only watched a total of around 30 to 40 anime. And i see that the characters in the avatars used in ANN are either extremely cute or extremely cool. But i do not recoznize many of the characters. They are completely new to me. So i would like the members of ANN to help me. Please tell me the name of the character in your avatar and give a brief description of the anime in which they appear so i can watch those anime which suit my tastes. This is the best way for me to get a review of the anime i dont know. Thanks for your Co-op !
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Mine features Narumi Takayuki and Suzumiya Haruka from everyone's favorite drama/romance/angst/hentai-game-based anime, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Cool

However, you might find it more helpful to check this thread, which has your exact same question about people's avatars, along with 9 pages of answers. If people aren't willing to answer it again, you can look at the replies on the other thread and then go to the ANN Encyclopedia entries for the animes that the people mention.
Berselius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
My current avatar is that of Stahn Aileron, the main character for the video game "Tales of Destiny." NOT from an anime Razz
patch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:30 am Reply with quote
My current avatar is the logo for a hacker named The Laughing Man.

He is one of the main characters in the first season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 攻殻機動隊 <-[ANN Encyclopedia link] a cyberpunk <-[Wikipedia link] masterpiece.

Zalis116 wrote:
helpful to check this thread
Yes, my answer for my first set of avatars --went through alot Wink is in the thread mentioned above.
mitora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:16 am Reply with quote
My avatar is Spike Speigel from Cowboy Bebop. He is the main character of the first (Of only two.) anime to ever make me cry. And that is not an easy task I assure you.^^
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote
<---This is Hitsugaya Toushiro from Bleach which is an excellent, and currently on-going series in Japan only available through fansubs at the moment as it has yet to be liscensed for US distribution.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
My current avatar is Silvia from Sousei no Aquarion (Genesis of Aquarion). It's from the infamous diet episode. A better look below:

huh?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:47 pm Reply with quote
mine is of the 2 main characters of the movie adaptation of the manga Samehada Otoko to Momojiri Onna great movie, although i've unfortunately yet to read the manga.

and mitora, what was the other?
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is from Fruits Basket anime. Tohru is the girl and she is holding Kyo in his catform. I think this is from episode 25-26... somewhere around the end of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
rebelofbloodlust

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:39 am Reply with quote
Say hello to Bonta-kun, the furry little soldier from Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. His secret identity is in fact, Sagara Sousuke, everyone's favorite trigger-happy S.O.B.

To sum it up, FMP is one of the best series I've seen in years - don't miss it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:11 am Reply with quote
My avatar is, as always, "Oji-san" ("Uncle") from Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, the One True Manga. He is the veritable salt of the Earth, and he stands in loco parentis to the main character, Alpha.

Very soon now, Alpha is going to have to come to terms with the loss of her father-figure -- the manga has been foreshadowing Oji-san's death for a while now. When it happens, it is going to hit the fans of YKK very hard indeed.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quote
This red-headed cutie is Abarai Renji from Bleach. He's my favorite character from that show, and I decided to make him as my avatar (for now, atleast). I love the way they portrayed his attitude in the show, and how much loyalty he has to one of his closest friends, and I love how bad arse he looks. Laughing

Before, I used characters from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and from Fullmetal Alchemist, Anime dazed I'm so indecisive when it comes to my avatar.
Animekid08.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:00 pm Reply with quote
This thread sounds framilar....

My avatar is Shinobu from Love Hina.

I just love the face that she gets whne she sees Keitaro and Naru together!

I am thinking of changing it... I'll post back here if I do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
liquidsolid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Animekid08. wrote:
This thread sounds framilar....

I am thinking of changing it... I'll post back here if I do.

Yes this thread is familiar if you've followed the link present in Zalis116's post.
But as far as reposting if you change your avatar goes. You're welcome anytime.
mitora

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quote
huh? wrote:

and mitora, what was the other?

Ah, now that is a secret. But you can see a pic of the anime in question on this page, just take a look around.

BTW, thats a cool name. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3