• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - Con Crud

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:

It's obvious fans find the releases more important than the quality and with this attitude, I can't see how any business in R1 can fail.

So, what do you expect? If Sentai ( and other R1 companies?) does not give a crap about grammatical errors, would you rather see only 5 or so releases a year with subs with perfect grammar?

I know I don't. I have noted grammatical errors here and there on the subs of series I own, but are not enough to kill my experience. Sentai: keep selling DVD's/BD's, I WILL FORGIVE YOU for a few grammatical errors in you subs.

I can forgive a grammatical mistakes when we're dealing with dialogue. After all, very few people speak with constantly perfect grammar, especially when we're talking about 17 year olds, which comprise about 70% of the characters in anime it seems. Not to mention, I've seen grammar errors in R1 releases from literally every company, even Nozomi. It's not like I'm reading a novel or even a magazine article where it bothers me much more. I'm much less tolerant of spelling errors, though with the exception of Koihime Muso, those are much more rare.

I've gotten long past the point of expecting a perfect release in R1, during these days when every series had some compromise made.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
Hey Brian you're taller and thinner than I expected you to be (I was at the ANN panel not ANN Cast though at AX). Guess I sort of envisioned the new Answerman to be as Munchkiny as the former one.
Ha ha j/k j/k Wink Zac.

Hope you're feeling better.

I've always kind of thought the CGI industry in Japan having a love-hate relationship with the anime industry. This perspective relates with how you've describe it that I wasn't previously aware of that CGI is integral to lots of things commercially both inside and out of anime. My own perspective however centered more on how animators who make feature films and series as a CGI presentation will never be respected or viewed as truly as part of the mainstream anime creative community. It's almost like they are viewed as foreigners just as much as the idea of an all Korean production team setting up shop in Tokyo and producing anime. Which in itself probably isn't that far-fetched anymore, just probably really impractical.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3