• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bastard anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if the artist behind bastard has done any other projects?
pythos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Try using the ANN Encyclopedia. It will answer both this and your Angel Blade question.

Which artist? The manka creator or the anime director/character designer? If you're asking about the manka-ka, this question should really have gone in the manga thread. (The encyclopedia has this neat feature where you can click on the manga-ka's name & it will bring up their bio & works.)

Last edited by pythos on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I think the fact he posted in the anime section would imply he is looking for the anime rather than the manga...
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I was talking about what anime is the bastard artist currently working on or has done. Also the ANN ENCYCLOPEDIA does not help with the Angel Blade Punish question, as it list when it came out in japan but does not list a U.S. relase date. I wanted to know when its coming out to the states.
pythos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote
If a U.S. licensing company isn't listed, then it's not licensed in the states.

Also, check out Anime on DVD's Licensing List info on anime & manga licenses.

Edit:
There are 2 Angel Blade OAV's listed in the encyclopedia. One is licensed by CPM.

According to this, it was released in Spring 2005.
animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5993

(The encyclopedia entries also link to old ANN news blurbs, official websites, etc.)
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quote
W0LF wrote:
Also the ANN ENCYCLOPEDIA does not help with the Angel Blade Punish question, as it list when it came out in japan but does not list a U.S. relase date. I wanted to know when its coming out to the states.

Just because an anime title hasn't been licensed yet doesn't mean you can take out your frustration on us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:44 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
W0LF wrote:
Also the ANN ENCYCLOPEDIA does not help with the Angel Blade Punish question, as it list when it came out in japan but does not list a U.S. relase date. I wanted to know when its coming out to the states.

Just because an anime title hasn't been licensed yet doesn't mean you can take out your frustration on us.

I don't think he is...

anyways pytho's he's asking when will it be I think he knows it isn't licensed yet. Correct me if I'm worng but the encyclopedia doesn't state when it will be released and only states the date if it's already been released.

Also, areaseven are you a Bon Jovi fan or just using the face for fun?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
pythos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Reread my post. In addition, he didn't state which OAV he's asking about (there are 2 listed in the Encyclopedia) & I'm not familiar with this title.

The Encyclopedia lists the company that licensed the title and also has links to ANN news items about said title. One of the links stated the release date.

I was also able to find several sites that are selling the licensed OAV. I don't think I should have to point him to sites selling it.

Edit:
If he's asking about the unlicensed OAV, then there isn't a release date for N. America and he needs to look for the Japanese R2 release.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:30 am Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
Correct me if I'm worng but the encyclopedia doesn't state when it will be released and only states the date if it's already been released.

The encyclopedia does list future release dates. These are the release dates for Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Related releases:
Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Christo (DVD 1) 2005-10-25
Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Christo (UMD 1) 2005-10-25
Gankutsuou -The Count of Monte Christo DVD 1 + Artbox (DVD 1) 2005-10-25
Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo (DVD 2) 2006-01-10
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - Chapter 3 (DVD 3) 2006-03-14
Notice DVD 2 & 3 are to be released next year.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
remember love wrote:

Also, areaseven are you a Bon Jovi fan or just using the face for fun?

I just like cool-Aid. Razz

EDIT: Is spellcheck on or something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Well when I said that I wanted to know the U.S. release date for Punish, I meant as a whole, I know that the japanese release DvDs in Japan serpartely but in America we usually get them on 1 DVD(unless its like the first Angel Blade that they didn't include episode 3 which was suppose to be on the first DVD and now are relasing a 2nd DVD for it at well as recapping episodes 1-2). So I was basically asking when it was coming out as a whole, unless they decide to make it into a 2 part DVD to make more money. But since nobody knows then I guess that's that. I just found out that episode 3 is being released here 2/7/06 so I am happy to add it to the collection.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1