• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SAC and Champloo Return Nov. 19, 2nd Gig to Run at TV-MA

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:49 am Reply with quote
Just saw the promo on Adult Swim. Granted, I've only seen the first 4 episodes of 2nd Gig, but I already agree that the second season is much more violent and darker than the first. I wonder if AS will let the s-bomb go through. They might as well, they've shown a lot of other stuff recently.

Last edited by Starwind Amada on Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:27 am; edited 2 times in total
DKL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:52 am Reply with quote
While we're at it...

when are the new CHAMPLOO episodes?

Anyway, I'll be following this of CN mainly since it might finish up before MANGA has all the DVDs out... so yeah
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote
They did once in the first airing of the 1st episode of Paranoia Agent. After that, they just kind of silence it.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:55 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
They did once in the first airing of the 1st episode of Paranoia Agent. After that, they just kind of silence it.

That was a mistake on the editing department's part. It was muted out in the encore and reruns.

DKL wrote:
While we're at it...

when are the new CHAMPLOO episodes?

Anyway, I'll be following this of CN mainly since it might finish up before MANGA has all the DVDs out... so yeah

I'm guessing this'll also be the date for Champloo's return, seeing as how they just showed the last of the reruns. Maybe they're just late with the promo.

And about SAC - it's actually a co-license between Manga and Bandai, FYI.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
While we're at it...

when are the new CHAMPLOO episodes

i'm guessing next week, since they're back at the stopping point
emory

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:20 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
DKL wrote:
While we're at it...

when are the new CHAMPLOO episodes

i'm guessing next week, since they're back at the stopping point

^^^ This person is correct. Champloo is back next week at 11:30, after FMA.
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
I wonder if AS will let the s-bomb go through. They might as well, they've shown a lot of other stuff recently.

Well, if Comedy Central can air a Richard Pryor appearance at 2:00 am EST and let the F-bombs fly, then I don't see why it would be such a problem for [AS] to leave the swearing in. I really hope that they don't even touch the episodes.
biliano

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:13 am Reply with quote
I don't think you guys should be worried about any major editing on 2nd GIG. Adult Swim basically aired the first series virtually unscathed, with the exception of a few bad words being edited out and such, but those are common edits.

Now that Starwind mentioned the TV rating for 2nd GIG, I remember that Adult Swim aired Episode 10, "Jungle Cruise", under the TV-MA rating, but they didn't make many edits on that episode (with the exception of some blurring) despite its gruesome content. spoiler[(If you may recall, Jungle Cruise was the episode where Section 9 - mainly Batou - was investigating a string of murders where the serial killer skinned his victims alive in a pattern that resembled a T-shirt.)]
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Now that Starwind mentioned the TV rating for 2nd GIG, I remember that Adult Swim aired Episode 10, "Jungle Cruise", under the TV-MA rating, but they didn't make many edits on that episode (with the exception of some blurring) despite its gruesome content. spoiler[(If you may recall, Jungle Cruise was the episode where Section 9 - mainly Batou - was investigating a string of murders where the serial killer skinned his victims alive in a pattern that resembled a T-shirt.)]

From the DVD I have watched of 2nd GIG, there are more sex related topics, though, there were also a lot within the first season. What puzzles me is that the first four episode are rated "13 and up" and Adult Swim is putting the "TV-MA" rating on it... oO? Does anyone else find this odd?
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quote
It's not AS that's being odd, it's Bandai/Manga. The DVD's rating of 13Up should be changed to 17Up. Preteens should NOT be watching 2nd Gig.
emory

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
I don't think you guys should be worried about any major editing on 2nd GIG. Adult Swim basically aired the first series virtually unscathed, with the exception of a few bad words being edited out and such, but those are common edits.

Jungle Cruise aired with a TV-14 DV. What it DID get is a disclaimer specially made for the episode. No anime has ever aired on AS with a TV-MA rating.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
It's not AS that's being odd, it's Bandai/Manga. The DVD's rating of 13Up should be changed to 17Up. Preteens should NOT be watching 2nd Gig.

Yeah, I figured as much when I saw episode 3 and 4 (I think?) spoiler[You know, with the prostatutes and the Major acting as one and acting as a sex doll in episode three and four] This season looks awesome. And the tin cases for the special editions are much cooler than the old special edition releases. I'm looking forward to the next episodes.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

Well, a friend of mine who lives in japan, usually lets her children watch this show. So, um, yeah. *Walks off*

(Before anyone says abotut he America/Japan differences, I know, but I'm just stating something)
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Here's the schedule for Nov. 19th

11:00 Full Metal Alchemist
11:30 Samurai Champloo
12:00 Boondocks
12:30 Ghost in the Shell
1:00 S-Cry-ed
1:30 Evangelion
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Now that's a schedule I like to see [adult swim] Razz! We don't have to watch Kagome get kidnapped...... again Rolling Eyes.

Is anyone getting sick of the weekday schedule. I hardly even watch weekdays anymore because I've either seen it ten times, or I own it (and therefore have seen it twenty).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3