• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote
What I meant was is there any rape in the Berserk anime.Not the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I know that in the last episode spoiler[Caska gets raped by a demon]. I haven't seen the anime, but I've seen some AMVs of it.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I know that in the last episode spoiler[Caska gets raped by a demon]. I haven't seen the anime, but I've seen some AMVs of it.

To be exact spoiler[Casca is raped by Griffith as Femtor].
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Goken wrote:
So what kind of content in the manga happens in the anime?

Some essential characters were left out, most importantly Puck...Silat, too.

Berserk's manga is the best manga ever written. I've read all that's out, all 31 volumes of it...Check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote
In which volumes of the Berserk Manga have "rape,nudity and sex"?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Uh, yeah. In almost every volume of the series. Most notable ones are spoiler[Guts] in volume 3, and spoiler[Casca ]in volume 14.

That's where this post comes into picture. You're bound to find nudity in almost every volume, probably not sex, or sex that really stands out. Most of the time spoiler[people will be tortured naked, and it's mostly women.]
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Goken wrote:
In which volumes of the Berserk Manga have "rape,nudity and sex"?

Er...a lot of them. Volume 13 in particular.

Basically, you'll find nudity in about every volume. Rape is more frequent than sex.

It doesn't matter, though. If you're a kid, don't read it.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:07 am Reply with quote
Think of it this way, the nudity/sex factor for Berserk is worse than BR. But the way people are treated in the manga, spoiler[like some girls got raped and then these soldiers dismembered them and impaled them on their spears, or this one Kushan guy was feeding some naked Midland girls to his alligators by hanging them tied up and letting the gators biting the guts out of them.]
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Necroposting by the moonlight... But I think we should stick with dedicated thread.

Several years have passed since this topic was started, is there anyone still believing in Berserk?

1st Movie doesn't have fansubs but it looks like not so good CGI (with noseless Gryffith- I knew he was syphilitic all along), second movie is just to come and manga is standing still.

Am I the only one thinking that Miura had lost his first idea and don't know what to do? We haven't seen the really interesting things (Gryffith, Falconia, etc) for quite a long time, instead we got "I've seen Pirates of ... " that doesn't push the story forward.

And what kind of ending do you expect? I've written that completely downer ending isn't fair when it comes into fiction.
spoiler[Guts and Casca are lost to me- she cannot live normal life again (even Elfheim healing won't erase memories), he is broken and slowly consumed- but they won't die in vain but rather take Gryffith with them. He must fall to not leave bad taste in mouth.
I have also strong feeling that Charlotte will be the final nail in his coffin- she is so innocent, having so much faith in him that discovering the truth would bring her ax-crazy. Also, beacuse everybody underestimates her and that would be a perfect twist for ending. ]
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I dont really have shaken faith in the direction of the story i just wonder if miura could not mabye get another assistant or somthing so that he can get a regular release going.
gsilver

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Goken wrote:
In the last episode and arguably spoiler[episode 19. Saying she decided she was OK with it partway through is pretty damn disturbing.]

How many non-rape sex scenes are there in Berserk? Not many. Even the very first page of the manga, which is seemingly consentual, ends with one of the parties getting brutally murdered.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:09 am Reply with quote
This has definitely been the worst arc I've ever read in Berserk, and it has been going on for about what? 3 years now? I can't even remember right due to the slow and irregular release schedule - imagine if HBO released one episode of Game of Thrones in a whole year.

I actually liked one minor arc - the one in the valley, with the elf girl - after a big event such as the eclipse, but the current one doesn't really move the story forward, doesn't develop interestingly any character nor does it present an interesting challenge for Guts. Miura could've done so much more to show the reader the new changes that Griffith introduced in the world, and that is the only thing I'm looking forward to right now - on to the next arc, please...

gsilver wrote:
Goken wrote:
In the last episode and arguably spoiler[episode 19. Saying she decided she was OK with it partway through is pretty damn disturbing.]

How many non-rape sex scenes are there in Berserk? Not many. Even the very first page of the manga, which is seemingly consentual, ends with one of the parties getting brutally murdered.

And let's not forget the pedophile king and his daughter...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I think people's complaints stem almost entirely from the slow, irregular release schedule even if they don't realize it. They've only been at this for not even two volumes. That's really not that long. It's just that it's been getting a volume about once a year. It makes it seem longer.

Keep in mind though that the series did pretty much the exact same thing after the eclipse. They spend about two volumes meandering around and not really doing anything of major consequence. I actually like it. It gives the series time to breathe following big epic events.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quote
aye there really hasn't been much page space dedicated to this whole pirates of the carribean lark but when people complain about it they reference the period of time its taken for it to be released rather than the actual length of the story taken up.

Stands to reason that not all of the story will be super top tier stuff but I've heard people gripe about the story since isidoro was introduced and theres been plenty of great stuff happen since then, a bit of comedy in berserk was fine from the start and having a wacky character or two hasn't harmed it in my opinion.
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:10 am Reply with quote
Don't ever remind me of that pointless kid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5