• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Cat

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I have recently watched the first two episodes of this. I have to say..It is pretty interesting. The characters are colorful and interesting and the story seems to be very original and compelling. I suggest this show. (And if anyone can direct me to a subbed version of episode 4, I'd be much obliged. =P)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
It got off to a slow start but it's getting interesting now. I was ready to drop the series after the first episode but I figured I would watch a few more and then judge it. Glad I did too as it is good so far.
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I really need to watch episode 3. Isn't this anime fairly new?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, very new, there are only 4 episodes out so far.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quote
This series got me really interested when they introduced Eve. In a way she isn't that unique of a character but theres just something about her that got me interested. Maybe her relationship with Sven? Who knows. Right now its just soo entertaining to see those two interact. Anyways 5th episode came out today but I won't disclose which sites have it released as that would be against "teh rules".

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
If someone would be so kind, could someone link me to episode 4 through PM? Smile
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Super Ska Master wrote:
If someone would be so kind, could someone link me to episode 4 through PM? Smile

Sorry buddy. Can't do that. Thats against "teh rules".

Anyways i'll add more input on my thoughts of this series. To me this series sorta feels like GetBackers to some point. Its not that the characters are similar but the setting really. You have a realistic world and then throw in people with jobs you wouldn't think of in real life and give them powers or specific skills. In GetBackers you have Retrievers (though they are repo men in real life) and Transporters (though this job sorta does exist) then in Black Cat you have Sweepers (Bounty Hunters really) and Erasers (Pretty much assasins). Thats just how I feel at the moment.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Super Ska Master wrote:

It'll be funny when you get banned for stunts like this. It really will.

Watch it. Read this and this now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iemander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I had a great laugh with this series, the outro is extremely funny, and I like the music there too.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen one episode and haven't read any scans of the manga (but I do plan on buying it from Viz someday) but anyway, I heard the anime has taken a different course of the manga? My friend who's obsessed with Black Cat told me. Does the later episodes begin to follow the original story line better or not?
Berselius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote
IMO the ending is completly inappropriate to the content of the anime. I mean to have been wowed by the action, the characters, and the style of what seems to have all the makings of a good anime, and then watch (and listen) to the outro was a WTF moment. I will forever skip that outro. The series itself though is very promising. I just wish they would show a bit more of Train than they have, but Sven is cool too.
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:47 am Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
I've only seen one episode and haven't read any scans of the manga (but I do plan on buying it from Viz someday) but anyway, I heard the anime has taken a different course of the manga? My friend who's obsessed with Black Cat told me. Does the later episodes begin to follow the original story line better or not?

Well, I can't vouch for later episodes as I've only seen episode 1 thusfar (I'm so behind!), but the first episode take several different turns from the manga storyline. It had me confused in a few places, actually, and I have read a fair amount of the manga.

I'm looking forward to the Viz release of the manga next year; it's definitely going on my short list of series to buy.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
out of all of black cat the thing i most hate is:

train's buttons

i just can't seem to stand them because they look so dorky Anime hyper and ...big...i miss his former chrono numbers clothes..

i thought eve was very cute looking at the begining and i felt so sorry for her! then she kinda got a jealous/arrogant streak now...
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Like I said before this series is starting to feel alot more like GetBackers at some points. Let me compare the two series:

You have a bar/tavern/inn owner in both series. In Black Cat its Annette and in GetBackers you have Paul. Sven is just like a mix of both Ginji and Ban and even has an ability with his eye. Also like I said before the jobs that the characters have do feel similar in a way. Well not similar exactly but similar in that they are given specific names. Sweepers and Erasers to Retrievers and Transporters. So far i've seen those similarities so far. Who knows how more I might find.

Anyways even with those similarities this series is still enjoyable. At first I didn't like the ending animation as I was like WTF?! but then it has grown on me. The action in this series is well done with unique fights complemented by sweet animation. Just saw episode 5 and i'm soo looking forward to the next episode. My only problem with this series so far is that they've introduced soo many characters in 5 episodes. Let me name the characters they've introduced: Sven, Train, Eve, Annette. Something Walker (the thief girl), Creed, Sepheria??, Bezyle??, Mason and Saya. Thats 10 characters in 5 episodes. I'm having so much trouble remembering their names but that'll change soon after I get more familiar with the characters (at least I hope so). Also it seems that quite a few more characters are going to be introduced later on in the series from what i've seen in the opening animation. Man I'm gonna have to remember alot of stuff in this series. Even will all that I still love this series.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
Iemander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
COME ON! How can you possible NOT like the ending animation Laughing. I totally dig it, it's the best ever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2