• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Italian Publisher: Claymore Manga Is Not Ending

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone seen anything of the like in the japanese fandom? Surely they must also be talking about this, so I am surprised we don't have someone more closer to the source than the Italians.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
Not completely arbitrary. The newest chapter is the end of one major plot line. It even ends with a "and that was the end of it" narration (which could be a reason why an editor would by mistake place a "the end" instead of "to be continued" on the last page, dunno).
People are confused because other plot lines, that have been taking place at the same time but in a different location, are not completed yet. And Japanese readers are just as confused.

Thanks for the clarification!
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
[quote="faintsmile1992"]
Quote:
Was it on MangaHelpers?

Not just there but also on some other sites.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
I hope this ends up being the kind of mistake that helps create interest in the series instead of eliminating it. I more specifically want them to try to work out how to do a sequel to the anime, even though I know it ended wrong there are other series that have just ignored where they went their own way or worked around it. I know To Love Ru and Hayate are both comedy series but I never really cared that they didn't address the inconsistencies even though I didn't know the underlying material. It was enough to understand the concept. If so desired they could simply just cut out the last couple episodes by announcing an "alternate ending" of sorts.

Claymore was my first step into fansubs, so I have a great level of nostalgia for that series, and they also did a good job with the English dub so there's really nothing not to like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2