• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black and White anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if there are anime done only in black and white colours? I remember my friend telling me of one but I forgot its name. Also I'd like to some black and white anime, I think I'd actually really enjoy a black and white anime.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure there are a bunch, although the only ones to come to mind right now are the original 8 Man and Wonder 3.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
The First 30 or so Titles on this list are in black and white. I have no idea where to get a hold of them though, so good luck.
Assassin_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:37 am Reply with quote
Theres lodes of black and white anime. cant think which ones thogh... why can i not think of any black an white anime????

i think a few of the short films on the animatrix are black and white
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Assassin_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:39 am Reply with quote
these days when animes black and white (or close to) its usually intended to give a sort of "film noir" effect, so a lot of horror, probably, and some of the other paticlarly gritty stuff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
Assassin_ wrote:
these days when animes black and white (or close to) its usually intended to give a sort of "film noir" effect, so a lot of horror, probably, and some of the other paticlarly gritty stuff

Or anime with extream lack of funding Very Happy .
angel_lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:
Or anime with extream lack of funding Very Happy .

I don't think it would cost less these days to make b/w anime as opposed to colour, especially if done on computer.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
The only B&W anime I like is Gunbuster episode 6. It was animated that way not because of a limited budget, but to enhance the dramatic feel, as it was the final episode of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:41 am Reply with quote
Wait I know one...Gigantor of course they play it on Adult Swim at 5:00 am. Why didn't I think of it before I don't know. But it's said to be the show that started out for the robot anime.... You might want to check it out if you have adult swim...(WArning though: It was meant for small children though you like pokemon so I'm sure it won't be a problem)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1