• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Finally

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote
its my birthdayso i was gonna buy one of the rurouni kenshin box sets (well the first one) does anye one know if it has some problems some people told me takes a long time to load the Op and ending . and how Dvds come with it?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:57 am Reply with quote
If you're getting Kenshin Season One, I hope you're planning to get the Economy Box and not the Bento one. From what I've heard, the wooden bento box has each disc in a jacket that can even end up scracthing the darn thing if you're not careful.

I, myself, am going to wait for the Economy Box because it's cheaper, has actual keep cases for each DVD, and also comes in a box to hold them all. You can preorder it here, if you want.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:32 am Reply with quote
I have the first 2 bento boxes, and the discs haven't gotten scratched. But there is another problem with the first box - it gets all warped on the top so the lid doesn't stay on and the back panel comes off. I've heard complaints from a lot of people about this. The second one seems to be fine, though, aside from the fact that one of the disc envelope's pockets was ripped when I bought it, which causes the disc to fall out every time I open it, but that's probably just something that happened to mine during packaging.

Bottom line - get the economy boxes. They're cheaper and have the original DVD packaging, as well as more episodes per box (they're not broken up into the 3 seasons like the bento boxes).
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Bottom line - get the economy boxes. They're cheaper and have the original DVD packaging, as well as more episodes per box (they're not broken up into the 3 seasons like the bento boxes).

Are you sure? I looked at the preorder pages for each with the first box having 675 minutes of footage and the second box having 875 minutes. Divide each box by 25 minutes per episode, and you have exactly 27 episodes for Box #1 and 35 for Box #2, the exact amount of episodes for each season.

I know the release information in the Encyloepdia says 6 discs, so I'm asumming Box #2 will have 8 volumes. And besides, more episodes a disc means they'll probably take out the liner notes, which I love Anime cry...

So here's hoping each DVD remains the same Anime hyper.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:12 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
If you're getting Kenshin Season One, I hope you're planning to get the Economy Box and not the Bento one. From what I've heard, the wooden bento box has each disc in a jacket that can even end up scracthing the darn thing if you're not careful.

I, myself, am going to wait for the Economy Box because it's cheaper, has actual keep cases for each DVD, and also comes in a box to hold them all. You can preorder it here, if you want.

The Economy box is a brick (just like the MKR economy box). What you mean keep case for each dvd and box to hold them all?

Starwind Amada wrote:

They are broken up into 3 season
AWDVD0582 Rurouni Kenshin Season 1 Box Set $79.95
RKDVD0602 Rurouni Kenshin Season 2 Box Set [PRE-ORDER] 1/17/2006 $89.95
RKDVD0610 Rurouni Kenshin Season 3 Box Set [PRE-ORDER] 2/14/2006 $79.95

More episode per disc? What the heck are you talking?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:44 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
The Economy box is a brick (just like the MKR economy box). What you mean keep case for each dvd and box to hold them all?

A keep case is the style most commonly used as a DVD case and looks something like this:

I was wondering if the Economy box was going to have one for each disc, as if I was buying the regular DVDs, guess not...

I suppose I'll go to Best Buy sometime to look at it for myself. Thanks for the info.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
darkhunter wrote:

A keep case is the style most commonly used as a DVD case and looks something like this:

I was wondering if the Economy box was going to have one for each disc, as if I was buying the regular DVDs, guess not...

I suppose I'll go to Best Buy sometime to look at it for myself. Thanks for the info.

LOL i know what a keep case is. I'm just saying they arn't individual keep case with box.

Last edited by darkhunter on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:06 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
LOL i know what a keep case is. I'm just saying they arn't individual keep case with box.

Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop... sorry, my bad. OK, is there any neat artwork on the case, at least? The only image I have to go off of is this:

Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:37 am Reply with quote
Apparently it's using the Rurouni Kenshin reversible logo's that ADV made for the OVA's boxset re-release (which is also printed on one side of the box?). I think it's a nicer logo, but that's entirely subjective I guess.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:07 am Reply with quote
That reminds me...I don't have this series yet. Perhaps I'll pick it up before Christmas.

Last edited by areaseven on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
No quoting of images, darkhunter

Maybe he likes to kill kittens lol. Anyways I think the logo looks nice in my own opinion because of the colors go welll with each other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I just have to say, this thread needs a better title than "Finally". Why not call it "About the Kenshin Economy Boxes" or something?
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
I just have to say, this thread needs a better title than "Finally". Why not call it "About the Kenshin Economy Boxes" or something?

Maybes because he just doesn't want to...Who cares really?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
By the way I saw that someone had link deep discount DVD, and if you are planning to buy if from them I wouldn't preorder this because there is a special sale. Following is from slickdeals
Quote:
The 20% discount offer applies only to most available DVDs, UMDs and storage accessories. Pre-release DVD's, titles marked with a yellow asterisk, video games and toys are excluded from the sale. The discount is applied after you enter the coupon code in your shopping cart. Here are the various codes you can use for the 20% off. Each can be used once per customer, but you can place multiple orders with multiple coupons.DD11, DVDSALE, DVDTALK, ESPN, SUPERSALE, USWEEKLY, USATODAY
So I wait to see if I could get it at 20% off cause that would be sweet!!!
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Edit: Hey I just went to DDD and was seeing which dvd I could get and I was going to buy the complete collection of MSG 83 and the discount work for me tonite, my total was like $23 dollars with shipping. S
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:03 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
By the way I saw that someone had link deep discount DVD, and if you are planning to buy if from them I wouldn't preorder this because there is a special sale. Following is from slickdeals
Quote:
The 20% discount offer applies only to most available DVDs, UMDs and storage accessories. Pre-release DVD's, titles marked with a yellow asterisk, video games and toys are excluded from the sale. The discount is applied after you enter the coupon code in your shopping cart. Here are the various codes you can use for the 20% off. Each can be used once per customer, but you can place multiple orders with multiple coupons.DD11, DVDSALE, DVDTALK, ESPN, SUPERSALE, USWEEKLY, USATODAY
So I wait to see if I could get it at 20% off cause that would be sweet!!!
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Edit: Hey I just went to DDD and was seeing which dvd I could get and I was going to buy the complete collection of MSG 83 and the discount work for me tonite, my total was like $23 dollars with shipping. S

Well that certainly helpful information and that is really cheap for a complete collection...good job on finding it Delta Kiral.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1