• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FMP TSR number of episodes

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolda2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
As we all know, the encyclopedia entry for FMP TSR says that the series is going to be 13 episodes, and the WOWOW site seems to confirm it:
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/fullmeta/epi5/
That would mean that the last episode will be aired on Wednesday.

However, I'm just reading Newtype Magazine, and it lists episode numbers and airing dates from 12 to 16. My Japanese isn't very good, though, so I can't really tell what it means. I can tell that it lists episodes 12 and 13 by their correct dates and names, and then goes on until 16 and correct dates (Wednesdays for each week), but with kind of a different style. It looks like this:
14語 サブタイトル末定 脚本=末定 演出=末定
That's not the end of the line, but there are a couple of Kanji that I can't find. I'm not sure all of those Kanji are correct either. Anyway, the line ends with 10/26. I can tell as much as that it has with subtitles to do, but not more than that. Can someone comment?

It would be really sweet if there were more episodes than 13. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:25 am Reply with quote
I don't know what those characters say, but here's what I know about FMP.

The anime is based on the long-story novels (there are short ones, which Fumoffou chronicled) that have no bearing with the long-story. TSR is based on the "End of Day by Day" novels, and will be finishing up in ep 13. However, after it is a stand-alone novel called "Dancing Merry Christmas" that while too long for to make a single ep out of, it could be made a long movie or an OVA series. So, the additional 3 or so eps you've found listed could be the eps that animate "Dancing Merry Christmas", though I do find it more likely that they'd put those eps either in a stand-alone ova (would be ideal, IMO) or include them with the animation of "Continuing on my own".

However, those extra eps are most likely the animation of DMC, if I had to hazard a guess.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote
I was under the impression that TSR was based on an incomplete novel series. Meaning, there are more novels in the works and there would be more story to be animated at a later time.
xxsonicfactorxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:08 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I was under the impression that TSR was based on an incomplete novel series. Meaning, there are more novels in the works and there would be more story to be animated at a later time.

I hope your right. Since this is my favorite anime and all.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

This is true, however what they're currently animating IS completed novels. I'm not certain of the status of "Continuing on my own" (the current novels being written), but the novels up through "Dancing Merry Christmas" are, obviously, completed and thus open for animating.
xxsonicfactorxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

This is true, however what they're currently animating IS completed novels. I'm not certain of the status of "Continuing on my own" (the current novels being written), but the novels up through "Dancing Merry Christmas" are, obviously, completed and thus open for animating.

So there are more novels currently being written. Well this is the best news that I have heard today..or rather the best news I have heard in a long while.
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Continuing On My Own is complete and the current one being serialized is Burning One Man Force. TSR, however, is only based on Owaru Day By Day and will be completed in 13 episodes.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Of course, further production of novels or manga that an anime series is based off of is never a guarantee that the anime itself will continue to be produced for the duration of the novel/manga's existence. I'd say the majority of manga and novel based anime never run the entirety of their counterparts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Sir_Brass wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Continuing On My Own is complete and the current one being serialized is Burning One Man Force. TSR, however, is only based on Owaru Day By Day and will be completed in 13 episodes.

I'm only familiar with the novels that have been fan-translated, and they've only gotten a small portion of Continuing on My Own completed as of now (takes them a while since they're translating a novel, and do alot of research to make sure that certain things are correct).

While I enjoy reading these novels for "free", I still would prefer it if a U.S. publisher would wise-up and realize that they could earn a good bit of money if they got the publishing rights for publishing the novels in English and distributing them in the U.S. I most certainly would buy the novels, as novels don't cost TOO much, and I HIGHLY prefer having my nose stuck in a hard back or paperback as opposed to reading the words on my computer screen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1